He's Gone

When I woke up, Legolas was no longer next to me. I sighed and got up, my spirits were lifted though when I saw Legolas walking towards me. I smiled at him as he came closer.

"Good morning." I said as he reached me.

"Good morning to you also." He said and smiled at me. "Gandalf left if you wanted to know." He informed me.

I nodded my head slowly, confused as to why he would leave.

"Do you want to go hunting? No one else is up yet and there's nothing to do." Legolas suggested to me.

My eyes lit up.

"Yes, I would love to." I said, trying to contain my excitement.

I hadn't gone hunting and I get to go with Legolas! We grabbed our weapons and silently made our way to the forest.

I was using my bow and arrows because it was more stealthy than my daggers or my sword, and I was avoiding my daggers lately. We saw a couple of rabbits go by and Legolas and I shot all of them dead.

"Are you hungry?" I asked, realizing I wasn't actually hungry.

Legolas smiled and said, shaking his head

"Now that I think about it, I'm not."

"Guess I just wanted to be with you."

I blushed like a ripe tomato.

"We should probably head back, they might be waking up." I said, hurriedly.

Legolas nodded and we walked back in silence.

When we got back, everyone was packing up the tents and gathering their things. I whistled and Alban came over to me.

"Sut na lle?" (How are you?) I asked Alban, stroking his nose.

He nickered and nudged my shoulder. I laughed and went to find Gimli. I found him trying to help with packing a tent nearby.

"Gimli, Alban's ready! Are you?" I asked him.

"Of course lassy. I'm ready for anything!" He boasted.

Then, a stick from on of the tents hit him right on the top of the head. I smiled but ended up laughing my head off.

"I'm sorry Gimli for doubting you." I teased playfully.

He grumbled and walked over to Alban.

Once everybody was packed up, and I mean everybody, we all started to leave. Legolas and I were at the front, scouting again. Around ten o'clock, I sense something was amiss. I looked at Legolas and he must have sensed it too because he was a little stiff. The guards started to overtake us.

"Wait!" Legolas and I said in sync.

A Warg with a Orc rider jumped off a rock from above and killed the guard. I took my sword out and I started to attack it. Legolas fired arrows at its neck but it only yelped in pain. The Warg swung its claw out and almost slit my throat. I dodged, just missing it by inches. Legolas then killed the Orc rider and the Warg died with a stab of my sword.

"A scout!" Legolas warned us.

"That means an Orc pack is nearby!" I added.

Théoden then rode up to us and shouted to Éowyn

"Take the women and children to Helm's Deep!"

Éowyn nodded and led the women and children away. Théoden looked at me, frowning.

"If you think I'm going anywhere, you're wrong." I stated.

I whistled and Alban came galloping forward with Gimli holding on for dear life.