Underground

Nessa's POV:

I heard voices around me. I didn't open my eyes though, I just listened to what people were saying. There was Gandalf's voice and he was talking about some door being hidden and friends for some reason. I opened my eyes and noticed it was night time. I was being carried by someone, they smelt like a forest and knew it was Legolas. He was carrying me bridal style as he walked towards Aragorn.

"Quel undome. (Good evening.)" I softly said to Legolas. 

He looked down and smiled happily at me. I smiled back at him and then I looked around. Gandalf and Frodo were sitting next to a glowing door, Aragorn and Sam were saying goodbye to Bill the pony, Boromir was walking towards Gandalf and Frodo, and Merry and Pippin were standing near the water's edge. We must have been at the back of the group. 

"Do you want to walk or should I just continued carrying you?" Legolas asked me with a smile creeping onto his face. 

I pretended to think about the question then I answered his question.

"I think I can walk." I smiled back at him. 

He nodded and put  me onto the ground. My legs were a bit stiff but I could walk on them. Aragorn saw me and walked over to me smiling. I gave him a hug and he hugged me back.

"Thought I lost you for a moment." He said to me quietly.

I scoffed at his thought.

"Please, it takes more than a mountain to keep this Elf down." I said to him smiling.

He pulled out of our hug and he smiled as well.

"That's good then." He admitted.

I heard a splash of water and saw Merry and Pippin throwing rocks into the water. I jogged over to them and grabbed Merry's arm before he could throw another rock.

"Do not disturb the water." I warned them.

The looked up at me scared and nodded. They put the rocks back on the ground. I watched the water as Aragorn joined me as well as Legolas. Boromir had also joined us and was standing next to me, very closely. I shuffled away from him towards Legolas who was on my left. 

Then I heard Frodo say 

"It's a riddle! 'Speak friend and enter.' What's the Elvish word for 'friend'?" 

I called out to him

"Mellon.

The doors started to open and we all walked in. Aragorn, Legolas, Boromir and I were still watching the water. Once we were inside, I felt really uncomfortable and that there wasn't enough room. I think Legolas felt the same way as he was looking around quickly. 

"Soon, Master Elf, you will enjoy the fabled hospitality of the Dwarves! Roaring fires, malt beer, ripe meat right off the bone. This, my friend, is the home of my cousin Balin. And they call it a mine! A mine!" Gimli boasted.

I still didn't want to stay and the fact that we were surrounded by Dwarves didn't help at all. 

We looked around and it was very dark. Boromir must have noticed the skeletons because he said to everyone

"This is no mine, it's a tomb!" 

Legolas ran over to a dead Dwarf and pulled out an arrow and examined it. 

"Goblins!" He yelled.

Gandalf started to tell everyone to get out and I had my daggers out just as everyone except the Hobbits were prepared to fight. The Hobbits were the closest to the door as we all started to get out. Then Frodo was tripped up and pulled into the air. A giant squid had grabbed his ankle and was holding him above the water. I sprinted out to fight the squid. I lashed out at the tentacles as did Boromir and Aragorn. Legolas was shooting arrows at the beast. Then I had an idea. I pretended that it was one of the trees at Rivendell and swung on the tentacles like they were moving branches. I jumped into the air, just about to force my dagger into its eye when he swung a tentacle at me and I hit the stone wall at full speed, it had really hurt.

Then Boromir ran towards me with Frodo and Aragorn behind him. Legolas was still firing arrows at it. Boromir picked me up and carried me inside.

"Legolas!" I yelled at him. 

He ran inside after Aragorn just as the rocks were covering the entrance. Then I remembered that Boromir was carrying me and I pushed him away from me. He put me down and looked hurt. I didn't care, he shouldn't have been carrying me. Gandalf put a crystal stone in his staff and announced to all of us

"We have but one choice. We must face the long dark journey through Moria. Be on your guard. There are fouler things than Orcs in the deep places of the world. Quietly now, it's a four day journey to the other side. Let us hope that our presence will go unnoticed."