Interesting

Nessa's POV:

Once all the tents were set up for some of the men, I walked over and sat with Gandalf and Gimli. I hadn't talked to either of them that much. When I was a few meters away from them, Gandalf turned around and looked at me. He eyed me oddly then smiled.

"Come, Nessa, join us!" Gandalf invited.

I sat down opposite them and we started talking about Helm's Deep. Gandalf told me it was quite large and was built off a mountain. Gimli seemed happy that we would be, like, underneath a mountain. I however, wasn't that excited.

"If we're attacked, we're going to die like rats in a cage." I said negatively.

Gimli and Gandalf went silent at that.

"Sorry." I said to them. "I have to go." I lied up.

I bumped into Legolas.

"Hi Nessa." He said.

"Hi." I said to him.

"Hey, could I talk to you for a minute?" He asked.

"Sure." I agreed.

He smiled and took my hand and led me a little bit from the camping area.

"What is it?" I asked.

Please be about what I hope it's about! I begged to myself. Legolas smiled and looked into my eyes.

"Lady Nessa? Lady Nessa? Are you there?" I heard a voice calling through the darkness.

I groaned and rolled my eyes. I turned away from Legolas to face the guard that was riding a white horse and calling my name.

"Yes?" I asked impatiently.

The guard looked down at me and smiled.

"The White Wizard requests your presence." He said, bowing his head.

I almost stamped my foot in annoyance.

"Don't call me lady!" I warned.

The guard nodded while I turned around.

"Do you mind?" I asked Legolas politely.

"Not at all, it can wait." He said kindly.

I smiled and squeezed his hand and started walking towards the camping area. I heard the guard follow me on his horse.

"Wouldn't you rather ride on my horse?" He asked me.

"No." I didn't bother trying to be nice to him.

"I insist." He said.

"Well so do I." I retorted.

The guard was silent the rest of the short walk. I kept looking behind my shoulder to look at Legolas standing there. I felt really bad about leaving him. When I reached Gandalf's tent, I entered without announcing myself. Gandalf was sitting on a stool, smoking from his pipe.

"Ah! Nessa, I really must speak with you." Gandalf said before I could ask why I was here.

I sat down on the other stool and pushed my hair out of my face. I didn't have my hood up so I could see normally.

"What is it?" I asked him, getting comfortable.

"How have you been lately?" He asked me.

I shrugged.

"Fine. I've been feeling normal enough." I answered him.

"Not confused at all?" He asked again.

I frowned at him.

"Well, I guess. How did you know?" I asked him.

"Just wondering. We haven't talked much lately. I wanted to make sure you were okay." He answered, starting to smoke again.

I folded my arms over my chest.

"No, you're lying. Why are you really asking?" I questioned him.

He didn't say anything. He just sat there, looking at me while smoking. When he exhaled, a puff of smoke came out of his mouth.

"There is a dangerous power inside of you. You could destroy a mountain with a flick of your wrist. You were cursed as a child by your parents. If Sauron or any of his minions get ahold of you, they will force you to do terrible things. That's why Sauron kept you alive for all those years. He was testing you, seeing what it would take for you to break. You didn't though, you have a pure heart and it will take a great deal for it to break. You must be careful, that's why Aragorn was angry at you when you rode out by yourself yesterday. Only you, Aragorn, Sauron, Saruman and I know of this. You must not tell anyone. Any nightmares or anything of the sort are related to it." He explained.

I took in all the information. Lovely, just what I wanted to hear. I thought.

"Interesting." was all I said to him.

I stood up and left the tent, not turning back. I found Aragorn nearby and sat down with him.

"Gandalf told you?" He asked, looking at me.

I nodded, I didn't want to talk that much. When the soup was being served, I didn't take any as I wasn't hungry and I had an apple in my bag from the morning. Legolas came and joined me in sitting. He didn't have any soup either.

"Sorry about earlier Legolas. If you want to, we can go back and you can tell me?" I offered.

He smiled and shook his head.

"It doesn't matter anymore. Don't worry." He said.

I slowly nodded my head, not really wanting that answer, but anyway, I suddenly realized how tired I was.

"Well, I'm going to go to sleep." I informed Legolas.

He nodded as I laid down next to him.

"Quel kaima." He said softly.

I put my head on my bag and fell asleep with the smell of a forest around me.