The Return

"You are tracking the footsteps of two young Hobbits." the White Wizard sad to us all.

"What did you do?!" I demanded. 

Now that was a first, talking to someone I didn't at all trust or like.

"They came through here the day before yesterday. They met someone they did not expect. Does that comfort you?" He asked.

"Who are you? Show yourself!" Aragorn asked him, for the light was too bright to see his facial features.

The light dimmed and revealed the one everyone mourned for as lost.

"Gandalf?" I asked him.

This was really confusing. He died along with the Balrog. He fell. We all saw it with our own eyes. I couldn't help it anymore, I ran up and hugged him. I could tell that he was smiling. I didn't let go of him, I didn't want to lose him for the second time. Legolas and Gimli apologized for their actions and Aragorn pointed out the thing that confused me the most. 

"But you fell!"

"Through fire. And water. From the lowest dungeon to the highest peak. I fought him, the Balrog of Morgoth. Until at last, I threw down my enemy and smoked his ruin on the mountainside. Darkness took me. And I strayed out of thought and time. Stars wheeled overhead, each day was as long as the life age on earth. But it was not the end. I felt light in me again. I've been sent back until my task is done." Gandalf explained.

I pulled out of our hug and walked back down to Legolas. We walked out of Fangorn Forest, the men talking and Gimli grumbling about everything. I just smiled and smiled. Although we had to give up the search for Merry and Pippin, I was so happy that Gandalf was back once more for us. We walked into a beautiful field with long lush grass. Gandalf whistled loudly and I heard the sound of hooves on the ground. Then, a magnificent horse came galloping out of the trees. It was all white except for it's black muzzle. 

"That is one of the Mearas, unless my eyes are cheated by some spell." Legolas said, staring at the horse.

He's so smart, and handsome, and...STOP IT! You don't like him Nessa! He's just a very handsome Elf who happens to not be someone and is a great friend! I thought to myself, blinking back to what was happening.

"Shadowfax. Lord of  all horses. He has been my friend through many dangers." Gandalf said while patting his horse's neck. 

We all mounted our horses and rode to the capital city of Rohan, Edoras.