The real truth

When I woke up the next morning, I was in Legolas' arms. I carefully got out of bed and decided to get dressed. I put on dark green leggings and a brown colored shirt. I put on my normal boots and slung my bag around my shoulders. I left my weapons beside the closet, knowing that I wouldn't be needing them. I did my hair in a braid that went around my head then he fell at my shoulder (Like Katniss' hairstyle from the Hunger Games). 

After I was completely dressed, I held my necklace around my neck. I rubbed it over with my thumb when I felt something I had never noticed before. There was a small bump, a hinge to be exact, on the side. I pressed against it when it opened. There was a small piece of parchment inside it. It had been folded many times and was slightly faded in color. I unfolded it gingerly and read the writing. It read Dear Nessa, happy birthday. We hope you have a life full of happiness and free of pain. Of course you cannot. You have a power, a great power. We do not know how this came upon you but if you want to discover more, please ask Gandalf the Grey. He is a friend and he will provide you with counsel. We love you very much, your loving family. 

I stared at the paper for a bit longer when I heard Legolas getting up. When I turned around, he had already dressed. 

"When did you awake?" Legolas asked me, walking towards me. 

"Not long. I had to get up. I have a feeling something was going to happen today." I answered him. 

I wrapped my arms around his neck. He held me and we stood like that for a minute or so until we pulled apart. We then left the room, hand in hand and walked towards where Frodo was resting. We met Gimli halfway there and Legolas and him struck up a conversation. 

When we reached Frodo, Pippin and Merry were talking to the now awake Frodo. Gandalf was sitting in his usual chair and smiling at the Hobbits. My grin spread across my face, as did Legolas. Gimli was laughing and then Aragorn entered. He stood beside me smiling at Frodo. I then noticed Frodo's eyes drift towards the door. I didn't need to look to know it was Sam. Frodo was then allowed to get out of bed and stretch his legs. I knelt down to him and embraced him in a hug. 

"It is good to know that you made it Frodo." I said to him smiling.

"And it's good to see that you are with Legolas." Frodo said cheekily. 

I pulled away from him and pretended to be angry but I ended up laughing. I stood up and leaned my head on Legolas' shoulder. Frodo went to go eat with Sam and the rest of the Fellowship followed. 

"Aragorn, the coronation is tomorrow, isn't it?" Pippin asked eagerly. 

Aragorn smiled at the young Hobbit and nodded.

"Yes it is Pippin. We had to wait for Frodo to wake up." Aragorn answered.

We sat at the dining table where Éomer was entering. I nodded to him and he nodded back. Éowyn and Faramir then entered. They were talking happily and I instantly knew that they would end up falling in love. We had a filling breakfast that consisted of cooked foods such as eggs and cooked bacon.

After we had finished, we all left to do our own activities. Legolas was talking to Aragorn and so I walked down to the stables. Alban was chewing on some fresh hay that the stable boy had placed there. 

"Hello there old friend." I greeted Alban. 

The black steed looked up at the sound of my voice and neighed softly. I walked over to him and stoked his strong neck. I unhooked the rope that held him inside his stall and lead him outside. 

I walked down to the gates of Minas Tirith with Alban following. I wasn't intending to ride him, considering he had just eaten. I just wanted to walk him around for a bit. When I passed through the gates I walked to a lone tree a few meters away. I sat at the foot of the tree while Alban walked around near by. I took out the note inside my locket again and read it over once again. I sighed and concealed it in my locket. I put my back against the tree and closed my eyes. Withing a few seconds I was in a dreamless sleep. 

When I woke, the sun was directly above me. I stood up and whistled, deciding to go back to the others. Alban came galloping up and then slowed to a trot just before me. I mounted him and he walked back to the stables. I put him back in his stall and then went to find Gandalf. My first guess was that he'd be in his room, which is where he was. 

I knocked on the door and waited a second until I heard

"Come in."

I opened the door to find Gandalf with a pipe in his hand and sitting by the window. 

"Gandalf, did you know my parents?" I asked.

He continued to look out the window for a few seconds until he looked at me. 

"Yes I did. I met them before you and your brother were born. They came to me seeking counsel. They wanted to leave Rivendell as they knew if it was attacked, they wouldn't be safe for long. I offered a place near Fangorn Forest which they accepted. When you were born, they noticed something different about you, for you were showing strange powers. You were setting things on fire by just looking at it. At the time I had no idea what was causing it so I took my leave and made my way to Isengard to seek counsel from Saruman. He seemed to already know of the situation and said not to be bothered by it. I however wasn't convinced. I traveled to Rivendell to see if Lord Elrond knew anything about it. He knew nothing and so I returned to your home and told your parents. But they said that you weren't doing anything out of the ordinary so I left. When the Ring was made, I once again visited your family but you weren't there. And neither were your parents. I searched for you and your family but I couldn't find any of you. After Sauron had been 'defeated' I heard that you were in Rivendell. I rode to Lord Elrond to find you in the care of Elrond and so I knew that you were safe and took my leave." Gandalf answered.

I nodded and fingered my locket.

"Why didn't you ever tell me?" I asked Gandalf. 

Gandalf sighed and smoked through his pipe again. 

"I was going to tell you at the right time but there was never a right moment. I am sorry." Gandalf replied. 

I them remembered when I was sick on the way to Gondor. 

"Gandalf I have one more question. On the way to Gondor, I felt sick. As if I was drained of all energy. Do you know why that is?" 

Gandalf thought about the question for a while before he answered.

"I do not know the exact answer but my guess is that you finally knew how to truly trust the people around you. You never really trusted anyone, even Aragorn but I was that the first time you finally trusted the people around you, including the people you didn't know. Your life has been full of mistrust and betrayal but you found someone who you trusted with your life." Gandalf said. 

I smiled, knowing who that person was and nodded to the wizard before me. 

"Thank you Mithrandir." I thanked.

He nodded and then turned back to the window. I left the room and noticed it was night. I wasn't very hungry so I went straight to bed, feeling more at peace than I have for a long time.