Gifts

I woke up to someone grabbing my wrists and ankles. My eyes shot open. I tried to reach for my dagger but the hands holding my wrists were very strong. I looked up and saw Legolas holding my wrists and Aragorn holding my ankles. I thrashed around, trying to get out of their grip. 

"Put me down right now!" I demanded them.

They smirked at me and they shook their heads. I thrashed around even more violently. The Elves were staring at me with a frown upon their faces, disapproving of our childish behaviour. None of us cared, well I was worried about what Aragorn and Legolas were going to do with me. I craned my neck around to see where we were going. I saw the river that led out of Lothlórien and thrashed around like a wild animal. There were four boats on the shore line. Then I realized the sun was only just above the horizon. The rest of the Fellowship weren't even awake yet.

Legolas and Aragorn placed me in a boat and pushed the boat off the shore. I was already in the middle of the river by the time I had finished looking for oars.

"Looking for these?" Aragorn called out to me, holding up the oars. 

"You're both going to regret this!" I warned them.

The boat was too heavy to use my hands as oars. The only other way was to swim. I sighed and glared at the two smirking men on the shoreline. I took my boots off and placed them in my bag. I hadn't taken my cloak off in centuries, and I didn't plan on taking it off now.

As I slid into the freezing water, I shivered. I was holding my bag above my head so it didn't get ruined. I kicked my feet beneath myself to stay above water. Legolas and Aragorn were laughing their heads off. Soon I'll be the one laughing. I thought evilly. As I reached them, I was frozen. I t felt as if the water had frozen my joints together. I walked up to them and grabbed my two daggers out. Aragorn's face looked freaked out and Legolas looked as if he was looking at Death itself. They started to sprint away back to the others. Just before they could turn another corner, I jumped onto both of them, placing a knee on both their backs. They grunted as they landed on the ground with a THUD.

I leaned down to both their ears and whispered threateningly

"If either of you try anything like that again, I'll make sure that both your journeys are a living hell. Understand?" 

They nodded their responses and I got off them. I walked back to the others, feeling confident that they at least wouldn't try anything with me again. Gimli and Boromir were awake, looking for Legolas, Aragorn and I. 

"Where were you?" Boromir asked concerned, then he noticed that I was soaking wet. "And why are you wet?" 

I rolled my eyes at him as I walked past him and started climbing up the stairs to the palace. Once I was a decent distance from the ground, I jumped off the railing. I didn't attempt to grab the railings that I flew past. Then, when I was roughly 10 meters from the ground, I pulled out the corners of my cloak and spread it out like one big giant wing. The men that were on the ground below me looked up at me in awe. I smirked at them. I landed on the ground softly. My clothes were a little damp but most of the water was gone. The Hobbits stared to wake up from their peaceful sleep and I went to put my boots on. 

As we walked down to the boats where I had been forced to swim to shore, Galadriel and Celeborn were to see us off. They stood there smiling at us as we neared them. Galadriel turned to Legolas and handed him a bow.

"My gift for you, Legolas, is a bow of the Galadhrim, worthy of the skill of our woodland kin." She smiled as he took it and examined it closely.

He seemed really happy. He is so handsome, wait no he's not! Nessa don't you dare start falling for him! You've had your heart broken enough times to know not to love anybody. Now stop it! I thought to myself. I regained my composure and looked up at Galadriel once more. She looked down at Merry and Pippin. She was now holding two daggers. 

"These are the daggers of Noldorin. They have already seen their time in war. Do not fear, you will both find your courage." She said, handing the daggers to them. 

They both thanked her. She turned her gaze to Sam and handed him a rope. 

"And for you, Samwise Gamgee: Elven rope, made of hithlain." 

Sam took the gift and looked at Merry and Pippin. 

"Thank you my Lady. Have you run out of those shiny daggers?" He asked, looking back at Galadriel. 

She softly laughed and walked to Gimli. 

"And what gift would a Dwarf ask of the Elves?" She asked him. 

"Nothing. Except to look at the Lady of Galadhrim one last time, for she is more fair than all of the jewels beneath the earth." Gimli said staring into Galadriel's eyes. 

So much for not being ensnared by her beauty. I thought, smiling at Gimli as Galadriel moved onto Aragorn. She placed a hand upon the Evenstar around his neck. 

"There is no greater gift I can give you than the one you already bear. I fear that Arwen Evenstar will diminish." She said sadly. 

Aragorn then replied to her but I wasn't listening, I was staring at Legolas. I wondered what was running through his mind at that moment. I looked at Galadriel as she came to Frodo.

"For you Frodo Baggins, I give you the light of Earendil, our most beloved star. May it be a light for you in dark places, when all other lights are out." She handed Frodo a tear-shaped vessel which Frodo took it gratefully. 

Then she came to me. She looked at me in the eyes and produced a small smile on her lips. 

"I give you the Water of Truth. You can only use it once so use it only in dire times. Simply drink it and you will learn everything you want to know." Galadriel said, handing me a vessel that was less than half the size of Frodo's and it was filled with blue liquid. 

I took it and thanked her, smiling. Galadriel then stepped back and Celeborn stepped forward with eight cloaks. He fastened them around the members except me, they knew I would never replace the cloak I wear. I smiled at Celeborn as he walked past me. We climbed into the boats and started floating away. I was in a boat with Legolas and Gimli, Gimli was in-between Legolas and I. And we set off, once again.