31➳Real Dad

...

Peter jumped off the bed with Bond on his tail.-"Bond I think Bucky went to sleep!"

Bond, the big black dog that he got as a gift from his dad for his recovery months ago, barked wiggling his tail.

"We sneak out!"-Peter whispered as he tippy toed his way out of the common rooms that him and Bucky shared.

He was just about to leave through the door when a hand gripped him by the clothes keeping him lifted on air.-"Where do you think you two are going? You too Bond? I thought we where friends!"

Bond lowered his head and so did Peter.-"Bucky, we where just going to the balcony on the other side of the owwww..."

Bucky let go off him and laughed.-"I know you where sneaking off to the labs to meet Shuri again Peter, you're not subtle at hiding stuff you know."

"But Bucky we're leaving tonight, I want to meet her one more time!"-Peter said innocently eyes widened in pleading more adorable than the dogs besides him.

"Only if we go there together."-Bucky agreed.-"Don't forget to pack your stuff alrighty mister!"

"Yes Sir!"-Peter said and saluted him like a solider.

"Good boy, now let's go see what she's up to this time."-Bucky said and lead the way for Peter and Bond.

...

Leaving Wakanda after the recovery meant Peter meeting his family again. This time he was healthy and strong, and he felt like he earned the position of an Avenger besides his father and his friends and family.

Peter played with Bond's short fur, trying to tame his nerves down.

Bucky noticed.-"Are you nervous about the flight?"

"No the flight is going good. I love Wakanda's planes. The camouflage is awesome and super safe."-Peter said and rabbled on and off about the plane and the Wakand's technology.

Bucky smiled.-"You're nervous to see Tony again aren't you..."

Peter took a deep breath and smiled down at the dog.-"I just...I don't know how he'll react in-person now that he knows I'm his real
Son."

"He bought you a dog, just because you mentioned it once that you've had always wanted a dog when you where little. Tony's allergic to dogs."-Bucky pointed out laughing.

"But still, it's been over a year Bucky..."

"I remember the night they took you Peter, the sad look on Tony's face, the cries and sobs he gave when he thought you died. It was agonising. But I think it was all real...he felt his heart rip with yours. And I think he watched it come alive at the same pace you did at your recovery. This Peter, means Tony is always going to be your Real Dad, the one you've always deserved. The one who's going to take care of you, yell at you when you do reckless stuff, give you detention when you brake the rules, give you curfews and give you moral stories once in a while, he's going to do all that because he cares for you Pete. He really does."

Peter hugged Bond on his chest.-"I don't know if I'll be a good enough son for him Bucky..."

Bucky scooted over and side hugged him with his metallic arm.-"You're the best son anyone could ever ask for Peter, what do you mean you're insecure about being good. That's literally all you are. Good."

"I want to be more than good."

"Than you'll learn how to be with time Pete. One step at a time. Things take time, son-father relationship aren't created over a day."-Bucky reassured.

"I miss him."

"And I'm sure he misses you too."

...

"No! Not that shirt, it's to plain."-Tony complained at his assistant refusing to come down from the top of the table.

"Tony, you're acting like a child!"-Pepper said holding the ironed shirt up for Tony to wear.

"I can't meet Pete looking like a basic 40 year old father who watched Love Island on Weekends! I have to look like a cool father!"-Tony said crossing his arms over his chest.

"What about this one?"-Pepper said showing another ironed shirt.

"Too basic!"

"Tony for gods sake! I know this isn't about the short! Tell me what is bothering you?"

Tony sat down from the table.-"Peter is coming and I still don't feel ready, what if I mess this up Pep? What if I become a bad father to him. He once yelled at me about not being my son, and it just reminds me of how shitty I was at the role of a mentor to him."

"That was more than a year ago Tony, things aren't quite the same anymore. And you'll never know id you don't try Tony. But I remember when Peter was just a baby, when you'd skip sleep when Peter had fever or couldn't sleep because of his medications. Or when you where working at the lab and you'd strap him to your chest with overalls so he'd be with you as you worked. You were a wonderful father than, and you're a wonderful father now. Remember that okay. Peter lives you, he looks up at you...it'll all be fine."

"Thanks Pep...I hope it all turn ms out fine...But I'm still jot wearing that boring Shirt!"-Tony said and ran off to his bathroom to get ready more efficiently.

...

The invisible plain landed. Peter was shaken awake by Bucky and than Bond licking his face.

"We're here."-An Wakandian announced.

Bucky patted Peter's back.-"You've got this Petey! Nothing to worry about okay!"

The doors to the plane opened and Peter took a hesitant step outside. Bond having already left to go outside.

Peter heard him before he saw him. Cursing at a dog saying he was allergic. He saw Tony, in all his glory, wearing a simple suit with a familiar shirt underneath, Peter remember this as his outfit from the first time they met at his house when he first recruited him as an Avenger.

Peter and Tony exchanged a look. And once the look got to long, Peter dropped his bag and ran all the way to Tony's arms.

Tony opened his arms awaiting Peter inside them. And the crash came shortly after. A giggle leaving Peter as he hugged the daylight out of Tony, being careful with his super strength.-"Careful Pete, your old man has fragile bones"-Tony joked ruffling his hair hugging him.

Peter laughed and squeezed him even more.-"Missed you dad."

"Missed you too Kid. Home's been silent without your presence to lighten up the day."-Tony admitted over the hug.

"Than let's go home dad. Can't wait to meet the others."-Peter said chuckling as he let go of him.

Tony took his bag and guided them their car and they left the bags, Bucky and Bond got their seats there but Peter didn't enter it. Instead he said to Tony:

"Race you there?"-He offered.-"Got new web-shooters!"

"Bet you!"-Tony said summoning his new improved suit.-"Speed of the light here!"

"I don't think so! Old man!"-Peter chuckled and his suit formed over his body, same as Tony's nanotechnology suit, but with his favourite colour blue and red, the ones Tony knew Peter likes since he was a baby. He laughed at himself happy to have his son by his side...and Peter had never felt better, happier.

"Let's go HOME my kid."

THE END