19 ➳ Can't hide it!

•••

Tony was walking up and down in his bedroom, not knowing how to react after the results of the analysis came out. How could he tell Peter without braking his heart into million pieces?

"We can't just hide the truth from him Tones."-Steve said from the place he was sitting on.-"At last tell him that not everything is as it seems to be...that he is..."

"No Rogers! Why should it be me to say it! I can't...He'll brake down and I don't think I want to see that happen to him!"-Tony said sitting on the edge of his bed.

"He's so pure...so positive! I don't want that to change when he finds out."-Steve said his voice barely above a whisper.

"Make sure you spent time with him tomorrow...Ask him if he knows anything of this."-Tony said showing the result paper to Steve.

Steve froze.-"Aren't we just gonna tell him?"

"No Steve! I can't just tell him that he's DYING! And that I can't do anything about it!"-Tony said half exploding from grief.

"He has to find out sooner or later!"-Steve said and he noticed someone at the doorstep.-"Nat?!"

"Why didn't you tell me?"-She said her voice almost above a whisper.-"Tony, Steve! WHY DIDN'T YOU TELL ME!"-it got more rough at the end, determined for an answer before she could shoot them both to their death.

"We just found out ourselves Nat! I haven't still got through it!"-Steve said now as angry as Nat.

It was true, Peter had planted the seed of love in all the avengers even with those he had started badly. Practice with Bucky, Flying with Sam, Learning to shoot arrows with Clint, oh god...Clint will be devastated when he finds out... Learning about universe and astrology with Thor, Matching with Pietro and Wanda, Running with Steve, Experimenting with Bruce, Telling war-stories with uncle Rhodey, and Making or fixing things with Tony at the lab...Peter had fled his way inside every ones heart these last 4 months.

"Where is he now?"-Natasha asked Tony who was sitting on his bed his head inside his hands.

"Patrolling, we promised to let him out more often I couldn't bring myself to stop him..."

"All he wants is to help people, we can't take that away from him."-Steve completed.

"What sickness?"-Natasha asked again and Tony handed her the papers. She skipped the first pages to go to the important one. Conclusion. She gasped meaning she found the page.-"Tony isn't this the same sickness that kil-"

"Nat!"-She was interrupted by Steve meaning to stop saying the other words in her mind.

Tony didn't response instead he sat up and jolted out of the room as fast as a bullet.

"Nat  why did you had to mention his sons death!"

"But it's the same sickness!"

"Yes! We have eyes and see that! But you didn't had to tell him, it's hard enough to lose one, now he is losing two of his Peters!"-Steve said taking the papers back from Natasha.

"Congenital heart defects' his heart is weak and it will just stop one day? It will fail and he'll die..."-Nat said almost whispering.

"It can happen anywhere, at school, during lunch, on patrol even in sleep...Just like it happened with Peter Stark."-Steve said sitting down again, he could bet he saw Nat's eyes water before she pulled herself together.

"There must be some way!"-She said softly but hopeful.

"If there was do you think Tony wouldn't choose it? HE would do anything for this kid!"

"We have to tell Peter, are you sure he doesn't know."

"No he doesn't, he was waiting the results as inpatient as us."-Steve confirmed.

Nat swallowed down a voice crack that was threatening to leave her mouth.-"We can't hide it Steve!"-Before leaving the room probably to crack the news to Clint, she just hopped Clint would take it as lightly as possible.

•••

In the other side of New York Ned and Peter where talking about the pinkish shinny stone they took from the Vulture.

"Peter you seem happier than I thought you would be about this alien guns case!"-Ned asked as he placed the stone in the experimenting table.

"No it's not about the case! It's been one week that Tony and Steve are taking the greatest care of me, maybe they are even drawing closer and closer everyday!"-Peter said almost jumping in his tippy toes.

"Are you sure this sudden change of Tony doesn't have anything else behind it?"-Ned said not moving his eyes from the shiny stone.

"What possibly could it be?"-Peter said oblivious of the reasons.

"I really don't know...wait wait WAIT A DAMN MINUTE! Did you say Captain America and Tony together!!!!"-Ned said fangirling for a minute there.

Peter laughed.-"They have chemistry!"

"OMG! Tell me more..."-Ned said but then there was a sudden shinning from the stone.-"Peter did you see that?"

"Yes...IT is like it is alive!"-He said and putted on a pair of safety glasses.-"It's not earthly."

"Peter these things are dangerous...We need to tell Tony!"

"The last time I mentioned guns like these I had a 2 weeks detention! If he finds out that I have been after these dangerous guns again he will have my head!"-Peter said and placed down the shinny rock.

"We need a plan than to find Vulture and what his next plan is."

"I have one."-Peter said before inhaling a sharp pain feeling in his chest, he ignored it as always.-"Remember the van I was following last month! Try to find it somewhere at the city cameras...As fast as you do you call me so we can put a tracker on him."

"Awesome!!!"-Ned beamed and high fived his best mate.

Peter placed the rock inside the metal box again carefully putting it on his backpack before pulling his mask up and swinging back to the tower happily.

•••