5 ➳ Taken Away!

•••

May  lifted the sheet.She gasped and took the baby on her arms.It wasn't her Peter but it was a small living baby.He had a stitched surgery place and was covered in dried blood.

She felt her heart sink and thoughts kept messing with her head.The baby needed medical attention so she went out of the room running with the baby on her hands...nurses looking at her confused.-"Medic!Medic please!!"-She said running to the nursery.

"What's wrong ?"-A doctor asked.

May thought for a second she had to say something.-"A kid Peter Parker was reported dead but I felt his heart beat slightly..!"-She said trying not to panic.

"Okay we can take it from here!"-The doctor said shoving May out of the room.

May walked to the other side of the hallway and took out her phone.She searched through the contacts her hands shaking from anxiety and finally found the number she was looking for.She pressed call and waited for the other person to answer.

"Come at the pavion immediately!"-She said not giving further information.

➳Later...

"May why did you call us in 2 am saying it was an emergency...you know Mary wasn't feeling good..."-Richard said holding a sleepy Mary almost collapsing from lack of sleep.

"I don't know how to say this but listen to me until the end..."-May said before having to say everything that happened.

➳After explaining!

"He had Peter's name on his wrist?And a heart surgery wound on his chest?"-Mary said covering her mouth softly tears running down her face.

"Didn't they say the kid who took our babies heart died?"-Richard asked.

May took a shaky breath.-"He was reported dead when I found him...He came from the Extel hospital."

"How many chances are there that he has our baby's heart?"-Mary asked.

"100%"-May said.

"Than we can find his parents."-Richard said.-"I know some friends who work at the Extel hospital.You wait here for the baby...If anyone asks say it is our baby!Ok?"

"Yeah..."-May said as Mary sat in a chair outside the room where the baby was being treated and Richard bow was on the phone collecting information about the baby who took Peter Parkers heart.

➳After a dreadful research!

Richard sighted.-"No information in the identity of the baby who took the heart transplant...All we know is that his dad was in too much stress to fully complete the documents and that the baby is reported dead.No parents ,no name, no nothing!"-He informed and looked at Mary.

She looked calm and like she had a idea.-"Richard look..."

"No Mary...no"

"Let me finish!"-Mary said sitting up.-"This baby goes straight to system...If we say it is actually Peter Parker We can take the baby without further notice!"

"Mary that's ilegal!"

"They won't let us adopt Richy...I am sick,you are jobless...They won't let us have another chance.This baby needs us!"-Mary said wrapping her hands around her husband.

"May say something."-Richard said hopeless.

"She is right brother.This baby needs us!Its your second chance!..And his eyes...They look just like his!"-May said and a small heartbreaking sob came from Mary which affected Richard.

He thought about it...He really did.All the possibilities came in his mind.-"He stays with us until I find his family.No further discuss!"-He said and planted a small kiss on his wife's head.-"It's going to be fine."

"I hope dear!"-Mary said before the door opened and a doctor came outside the room.

"The baby's parents?"-He asked.

"We are."-Richard said making a step forward.

"There has been a big mistake...your baby is living and he has been part of a passive death for more than 54 minutes until his body accepted the heart.But he is under monitoring.You can see the baby after the danger is away."-The doctor said and Mary felt relief wash her body.

"One of the parents can come and complete some documents."-he said and Richard followed leaving Mary with May.

"May...I want to see the baby!"-Mary said and May nodded.

"Lemme see what i can do..."

She left just to come back seconds later amongst with Richard and a a nurse.-"The parents can see the kid!"-The nurse said and Mary smiled lightly in happiness.

The door opened and a small bed showed in the corner of the room.The nurse left them alone with May.

Mary walked to the bed to see a small sleeping figure.It was lovely too see an angle sleep so peaceful not knowing what was going on around him.

"Can I hold him?"-She asked May who nodded in response shredding a small tear of joy away from her cheek.

Mary took the small baby in her arms and held him gently just like she would do with her Peter.-"Richy...look at him!"

"He looks just like Peter..."-Richard said noticing the enormously small body the baby had and the brown curly hair.

"He's lovely.I feel like a mother all over again!"-She said and planted a small kiss on Peter's head.

"You are Mary.We both are!"

•••