Chapter 4: Mother's secret

The day at school ended well. I finally got my new timetable and I am heading home now. There's no need to talk to that Finn guy anymore. Phew!

(But honestly girl, he's hot isn't he? What? Brain shut up. I think I should give you a name, what about Rose? Nah too girly! You're a girl! I know but I don't like it. I also didn't get to choose my name so Rose it is! Argh you're the worst! I know!)

I continued my journey home but a car drove slowly by and finn peeped out the window."Hey! Stranger where you off to?"  "Ahh home duhh!"  "Hey I'm going to the library, wanna tag in?"  " Um no thanks, Im exhausted!"  "Please?!"  "Um okay" I stopped walking and turned around,"Just jump in and we'll be there ASAP" what?  "What do you mean jump in?" He stopped the car and got out, walked towards me ,grabbed my hand and led me to the car.

"Ahh Finn, first of all I don't even ..." He stopped walking and interrupted my ranting,-"first of all you need to shut up!" I shut my mouth, running out of things to say and got inside the car. He drove us to the library in silence, got in there and he finally had something to say,"hey, listen I have a tutor here and I'm pretty sure you'll love to meet him and he teaches really well"

Dude I don't give a damn about no tutor,I just wanna be out of here asap.

I nodded and we walked in, he led the way. We walked down a staircase which was dark and led us to an auditorium. Finn opened the doors and we got in. A tall dark-haired, muscular body shape, professional looking and really handsome guy walked up to us and did a few handshakes with Finn and he had a French accent.

A French guy in SA?! Whoa! I need to get out of the house more often. I could even snatch myself a dripping hot Frenchman.focus!

"Hey, Grumpy, where's your head at" I looked at Finn blankly and said,"Ahh home, in my bed..." I trailed off as the guy greeted me,"Bonjour, I'm Antonio" holding out his hand for me to shake it. Isnt Antonio an Italian/ Spanish/ Mexican name? Whatever...I put my hand in his and he pulled it to his lips and gently kissed it. I blushed at the feel of a guy's lips on the back of my hand. Gosh!

Oh no ,I hope I don't fall.

Finn looked at me and interrupted the intense eye contact between Antonio and I saying, "We should probably get started" Antonio didn't move and so did I. My cold hand now in between his warm ones. Shivers of warmth traveling down my spine and my knees became weak and I swear I couldn't feel my face.

Rose, what is this feeling? Bitchiness! Is that a word? Now it is! Composure! Angel composure!

I quickly but gently snatched my hand away and took a step back dropping my eyes to the ground. Shocked by my reaction, Antonio cleared his throat and spoke,"when finger... Well Finn let's get started... Shall we take a seat" I chuckled at hearing Finn being called finger. He looked at me and laughed too. We took a seat and Antonio began. He really is a good tutor.

After that ended, Finn and I made our way to the car. Finn was awfully quiet and for some reason it bugged me. "Are you okay?" I asked as we got in the car. He nodded. "Um I'm sorry if it's me who's causing you to be this upset" He nodded. " What did I do Finn?" He shook his head and said,"Nothing... Hey there's a mall a few blocks away, wanna get some ice cream?" Only a stupid person wouldn't see that this man right here is hurt by something.

"Sure, but remember that my curfew is at 17:00pm." He looked at me weirdly,"You live by a curfew?!" "Mmmhhmmm" "At what time do your parents arrive back from work?" "Dad arrives at around 19:30pm and mom at 20:00pm" "why does your dad come back earlier than your mom?" "She's an accountant and she works really hard and dad is a business man and doesn't have to work really hard". "Oh okay that makes sense." 

" What about you" "oh my mom is a housewife and my dad is an investor/ trader" We got to the mall at around 16:00pm and went straight to milky Lane ordered ice cream,sat down and ate it. I heard laughter that sounded very familiar. I turned around and saw mom hand in hand with a man." Mom and dad are on a date?" I say softly as I was trying to see if that man is really dad.

It's NOT! she's cheating on dad?! But why? What is she wearing? Whose that man? Why are they holding hands? I stood up unable to control myself anymore and walked to their direction. I wanna snatch her weave off and beat her  like a drum. As I was about to reach her Finn grabbed me and pulled me by my waist and walked with me in the opposite direction.

COMPOSURE! COMPOSE YOURSELF!

"Wait Finn, I wanna go back,  I wanna see who that guy is! Please?!" He sighed,"Was that someone you know though?" "That was my mom and that was not my father though. So can we go back?!" He sighed, "But promise me you won't do anything stupid like ripping her weave off?!!" I sighed,"I promise now can we please go before we lose them?!" "We won't, they at mug n bean just opposite burger King so let's go to burger King?!". " Okay okay whatever" 

"first let me hold your hand" I gave him my hand and we walked to burger King,sat down at just the perfect table to spy on mom. I couldn't eat or swallow my own spit. Mom is a bitch?! I don't believe it! "Are you sure that's not your dad, they look really really cosy I must say" I looked at Finn with my now teary eyes. "No it isn't dad" he held my hand tighter looked at me intensely and pulled me to his chest.

Don't cry Angel, composure is key. You'll cry your heart out when you get home.

"They're moving, come on let's go" I say as I got up. Mom and her man are now heading to the parking lot. We followed at a safe distance. They took the stairs instead of the elevator. We followed until Finn grabbed me pulling me back to not see what he has now saw as he was the one leading the way.

"What Finn?" He looked at me and said,"I can't let you see that"  "See what?!" "Come let's go, let me take you home"  "Finn I wanna see please" "No!" I pushed past him and saw my mother getting shagged in an Audi RS7. I walked back up the stairs and Finn grabbed me by my arm, span me around and pinned against the wall. Tears streaming down my cheeks and anger causing my whole body to shake. I covered my face with my hands and he embraced me, for a minute or more i felt at peace,safe,loved and secured.

I just caught my mom cheating and saw her getting fucked in an Audi and Rose you're bringing up these new feelings,what is wrong with you? Rose! Say something!

Finn let go of me and we walked up the stairs , through the mall and to his car. We got inside and sat in silence for a few minutes and then he started the engine and drove me home. He dropped me off and said,"Hey ,don't do anything stupid alright, I'll see you tomorrow" I nodded and walked just a few houses before reaching mine.

And that's when all the tables turned.