Chapter 23:Dad

I got to my father's car and Finn went to his mother's. I got inside and we sat in silence for sometime. I didn't want to talk about dads lover since she's the mother of my lover.

I glanced outside the window just watching people walking around, kids playing in the park with their friends, lovers holding hands and in that moment I felt an ache in my chest. I don't know what it was about but it's there.

The drive home was silent, I noticed that dad would slow down when he sees a restaurant or eatery just hoping I would scream,"Dad pizza! McDonald's! KFC! Steers! Nando's!" But I kept quiet. I shut my mouth.

"Argh! Come on Angel! Are we really gonna be this silent with each other?" I looked at him and didn't respond. Then back outside the window. "She was my first time" Argh this man is such a pushover.

"First time?" "Yeah, I mean she's the one girl I never stopped loving. She knew me better than I knew myself. She supported my goals, passions etc." "Then why didn't you marry her instead of that bitch?"

"Because back then I thought she was just too complicated for me" "How?" "Hard to get and once you do, it's hard to kind of see her, communicate with her. Every single moment I spent with her was never enough. Time sped up and she would literally run home cause her family would beat her up"

"Beat her up?!" "Her parents were very strict" "What about mom's parents?" "They were strict too but she would disrespect them and come see me by force and sometimes spend the night at my house. I thought then and there that she really loves. But turns out...

I wasn't the only one she jumped out windows for and to find that out now!! Proves that I'm beyond words slow." "Yeah but this isn't about her now is it?" He smiled and said,"No of course not. But you brought her up!" "I'm sorry, please continue about Mrs Carter."

"I loved that woman. She meant Everything to me. But you know when you love someone too much it's easy for you to also instantly lose interest in them." What? "What made you lose interest in Mrs Carter?"

"We had a huge argument and I thought maybe she'll come around and then we lost contact." "Okay...?" "Yeah when she left I felt like a part of me was snatched away. I felt empty. I moved on after a while but it never felt good. I don't know what it is between us but it's there."

"Hhmmm that's very sad and quite interesting actually. I feel like you both are meant to be. I don't know why you rushed to have kids. Look at this mess now?" "What mess... I mean we'll pull through" "Yeah but you got kids, old kids and so does she" "Are you saying this because you're scared that Finn and you won't work out?"

"How did you know that?" He laughed then said,"I'm a grownass man. I can put two and two together" I blushed and said,"So what do you think?" "What me? I couldn't even see true love infront of me. I can't be that judge. You have to listen to your intuition"

I sighed,"It's saying alot of things" "The last soft voice that you don't want to listen to,is the truthful one" I sighed again,"listen Angel, you got this he loves you. I saw how he looks at you"

"Dad! Why are we talking about this? You're supposed to be protecting me. Even if you know he is good just say he's bad and...!!" He cut me off,"So that you could get really angry someday after an argument, slam the words *you're not my real father!* On my face? No! I think you're old enough and I am being a good dad"

I was speechless after that and looked out the window.
"I would never do that, I just... Argh! Nevermind" he sighed and looked at me. "It's okay I get it, I'm sorry princess" I sighed,"It's okay... So what now?"

"I think I want us to have a fresh start. You know... Go on vacation and maybe things would be great. Besides you guys deserve it, after everything you've been through..." Why am I getting this strange feeling that dad will take Layla along with us?

"That's a great idea dad, so when are we going or where are we going rather?" "I don't know yet,I'm thinking of a road trip. We will decide on the way."

"Just us?" He looked at me weirdly and said,"Yes! Us our family" "Of course dad, we wouldn't go just the two of us!!" He laughed and said,"Relax, Layla isn't coming along. She said no! Besides her kid hates me not that Tina would like her but... You get it right?" I nodded and smiled.

We got home alittle later than we'd thought we would, because of dad's stops at every cafè. I totally love coffee but not this much of it a day. I got into my room and slammed myself on the bed, closed my eyes shut and tried really hard not to recall anything that happened today.

I got off the bed and went to shower. Moments later I was done and dressed in my PJ's.
I laid on my bed, closed my eyes until I dosed off. Awakened the next morning by a sound of car doors being shut.

I sat upright, peeped through the curtains and saw Finn and his mom at the gate. What are they doing here? Who cares?! Let me go open the door for them.

I opened my bedroom door only to find dad standing there. He smiled,"Do not tell me you're planning to go meet them looking like that?" I paused and took in my outfit. PJs! Argh!"why are they here anyway dad?"

"She changed her mind!!" He said that with a huge smile painted on his face. I stood there silent. I saw this coming that's why I couldn't react. He paused taking in my facial expression."What's wrong Angel don't you want her going with us?"

I sighed and said,"I was kind of hoping this would be like a family thing only, but it's okay" he sighed and said,"It's fine I'll just go tell them to leave us alone!" Dad should have done acting. I laughed and said,"Okay okay fine let me go pack a few stuff and freshen up. I'll be there in a jiffy!"

Dad said something as he walked down the stairs, which I didn't quite hear. I got inside the shower, showered and moments later I was done. I stepped out the shower,cleaned it, wore underwear and a lacey purple bra.

I packed my lotion, conditioners,shampoo etc in my toiletry bag and left the bathroom,put the bag on my bed and went into my closet. I grabbed my suitcase opened it and started packing just few clothes,shoes etc.

I'm a simple girl and very decisive so it doesn't take me long to finish packing and placing the suitcase on my bed. "Whoa! What the fuck?!" Said Finn as he stepped out and shut the door quickly. "Why didn't y you knock Finn? Wait! Just a minute!"

I ran back into my closet, put on a pink floral, knee-length dress with long sleeves.
I went and opened the door. "I'm sorry" "No I'm sorry,I should have knocked. Are you still naked can I come in?" I opened the door wide whilst saying,"Oh yeah, no I'm ... Please do come in!"