Chapter 6: The letter

Later that night, I walk upstairs slower than slow. I am so scared of everything now. I know I've been expelled. I just don't know what to do. Dad is... Wait! Dad knows but isn't here beating me up or something? I heard a car pull up into the driveway. I hesitated to go inside my room so I just sat on the stairs. Mom pushed the door furiously and saw me sitting on the stairs. I wouldn't be surprised if she would walk up here and beat the fuck out of me. I deserve it, I guess. She walked up the stairs,grabbed me and dragged me by my sweater into my room. We got in and she threw me inside,locked the door and whilst at it I climbed out the window and stood at the edge of the roof. "Get back in here you piece of shit!" I stood still, looking at her. I'm so sick of her beating me up, Im going through so much and she just wants to add to my stress. I feel dizzy for a while and decide to sit down instead. She continued talking,"You're so selfish, I had to leave work early for all of this nonsense. I had an important meeting with an important client and you ruined everything! EVERYTHING! NOW WHAT AM I SUPPOSED TO DO. I WILL CATCH YOU! I WILL CATCH YOU! THIS ISN'T OVER!" with that said she stepped back and out of my room. I didn't move, I don't feel like it. Hours later I walked back into my room and took the courage to open the letter.

Dear Miss Angelic Francisco

This letter is to inform you of your acceptance at the community's anger management classes. We are a very diverse community and our lessons pay off. It will only take seven months or a year if you're stubborn. We have been informed of your anger issues and we strongly care about you and mostly people around you and We would love for you to start attending our classes on Monday The 24th. Thank you

"Phew! Atleast I'm not expelled!" I throw myself on the bed all happy and shit. A soft knock on the door made me sit up, it was dad. He came in saying,"Oh my baby! Come here!" He hugged me then let go then looked at me in the eyes,"Are you okay?" I nodded and tears finally just streamed down my face,"Here, let's sit down." We did. "So who's this guy?!" "Joseph James" "What?" He looked at me for some time then he smiled,"So who won?!" I laughed,"I don't know" "No scars?! I'm guessing you're the winner" I laughed and so did he. "Listen, the letter? What does it say?" "Anger management classes blah blah blah ". "Ncah that's okay atleast you didn't get expelled...Um okay okay you can do this. If you focus and co-operate then you'll be just fine. Okay." I nodded and he hugged me and left. I sat for a few minutes and then started studying. At around midnight,I heard cars stop harshly, doors banging and whispering voices coming from outside.
I

peeped through the curtains and saw lights flashing on the Jame's driveway. Michael ( the father) opening the boot and grabbing something... seems to be fighting back... Wait! It's a person!!... A girl! I stepped back trying to fight the urge to open the window,climb out and go beat them up. I sat on my bed and minutes later I saw my window move. I froze! My heart beating so fast, I swear it wanted to jump out my chest. I thought about running out of my room and calling out for help but then thought of me. The window knob moved again... I sat on my bed, shaking confused and scared ASF ...

Rose, what should I do... Say something... Pretend to be asleep! That's a dangerous move and you know it. Just do it please trust me for once in your life... I do trust you, I always have and I'll never stop. Okay so do it.

I laid messily on the bed with my books laying everywhere and just one on my chest. The window opened and I quickly closed my eyes when a head peeped in. I wonder who it is. They walked towards the bed and shook me to see if I'm awake. I perfected my acting and they stepped back and said,"Well I think she is sound asleep as always, I don't know why you keep bothering yourself everyday because it is always the same results!" The other guy answered,"Well, tonight I just felt that she was watching us. She shouldn't know what we do! Nor should anyone else in this neighborhood" " well can we go now, since we know that she's asleep?!" "Yeah let's go!" "Wait! Let me use the bathroom." "Sure I'll just keep wandering around." Moments later I decided to do a little peep only to find that the guy in the is Michael as assumed and I quickly closed them and shifted like a deep asleep person. He spoke,"I just hope you're really asleep otherwise I would really have to kill you. Hey man! hurry up would you? We don't have the whole day!" He hurried up and they climbed out the window. As I was about to move Rose stopped me.

Wait,not yet! I thought I heard the window shut though. I know but you heard and I am looking at the man with a gun in his hand waiting for you to lift up your head so he could blow it off. What? Listen Angel.

At about ten minutes later the window opened again and the guy climbeded out and shut it again.

Now you can get up.who were those people Rose? Michael and his brother. They are bad people. But I am not the judge of anybody only God is. However this happens every night. What will they do to that girl? Ah well the usual, rape, sell or take out her organs sell them and kill her. That's bad, really bad. I know now catch your sleep.

I slept at around 3am and was up at 6:00am,did my hygiene process,got dressed and went downstairs. Mom had already left so no need to play hide and seek with her. I left. As I reached the parking lot, students kept on looking at me. I must be very attractive because everytime I enter a classroom,a restaurant or just walking around people will always turn around and stare at me. Weird right?! So Im guessing these bozzos thought I was expelled. Jokes on you I'm still here! Hahaha Yas! I walked towards the entrance, entered and someone pulled me into a hug. I recognise the cologne and immediately say,"Finn?!" He let go and handed me my bag. I smiled,"where did you find it?"
He smiled and said,"It doesn't matter, are you good? " I nodded. " Okay then so...you're here.! I'm guessing you're not expelled?!" I smiled and shook my head no, not really sure if I should tell him about the anger management classes. We made our way to class settled in and the lessons began and continued one after the other. Everything going according to plan, just okay I guess. Apparently Joseph has been suspended for a week and he'll be back soon. The main reason why he didn't get expelled was because he is the captain of the football squad since 8th grade and also he has excellent grades as a science student. How wonderful! The day continued and ended way before normal time. The issue being that teachers are going to a meeting or something like that and we all know that they are going to be having a feast only. I walked to Tina's class and before I could get there I spotted her running hand in hand with a boy heading towards the grounds. Puppy love! How cute!. I headed back not wanting to see what happens next. I got out the school and started walking home. I got home, changed into a loose denim knee-length dress and ditched shoes. I gathered my dirty laundry and headed to the backyard and started washing it. Moments later I hung them on the line and headed back inside the house.

*******************************
Hope you guys are enjoying the story, please add some comments,likes or votes just anything. Thank you