Chapter 13: the sleepover

Finn and I spent the day reading books, catching up with school work and studying. I found myself telling him about how Joseph had taken revenge on me and how his father is always in my room every night.

He first thought I was just joking but then I took off my pj shirt and showed him the scars. "So you're telling me that every night, that mf comes here?" "Well not every night,some nights I just doze off and wake up in the morning."

He sighed and spoke,"I would say go to the cops and report this if I didn't know better." The last part came out as a whisper. I couldn't hold myself,"What do you mean?" He looked at me then came and sat on the bed next to me.

"I can't tell you this, I wish I could but I can't" "You eventually will" he smiled and said,"Um okay,we will see about that" "Mmmmm yeah we will" he shifted his gaze to the empty spot on the bed and I spoke before he could,"No you can't,what if mom walks in and sees you" he climbed up and into the covers.

What the fuck is up with this guy again? "Finn?!" He took out his phone and started typing? Chatting? I couldn't tell. I stopped looking at him and got off the bed and into the bathroom.

Rose? Why am I here again? To pee. Oh wait! No I don't want to pee. Oh you're giving him some space to breathe. Um of course. I am going to get beaten for this. He needs to go. No he doesn't! Well I kind of don't want him to go but I'm also scared that my parents will see him. Relax!

After a few moments of contemplating and arguing with thy self. I walked out of the bathroom and found him dead asleep. I walked towards him,shook him and he was dead asleep.he looked really uncomfortable  so I took off his blazer and his school shirt and he was left with his vest.

I lifted his head delicately and placed my pillow under it and then covered him with the covers and left after hanging the blazer and shirt on a coat hanger and hung it on the wardrobe knob.

I went downstairs slowly due to pains and drank 2 painkillers after having the cake slice and some juice. It's a meal isn't it? I tried doing my chores but I couldn't. Its either I couldn't raise my arms/hands or I couldn't tiptoe and find something.

I went to the laundry room and I found myself crying unstoppablely. I felt useless and numb and all sorts of things came to mind. My past mistakes,my fears, my darkest side,the angry me, chaos, annoying anger,chaos more anger,chaos,anger,chaos , laughter and then finally: SILENCE!

i opened my eyes and found out that I was kneeling on the floor and had my head buried on the floor. My hands were both buried in my hair. I took a few deep breaths and afterwards I felt calm and relaxed. I want to stay like this forever.

I felt really tired and made my way to the bedroom after locking the front door. I got there and found Finn still asleep and climbed on the bed and slept. "Open this door right now! Who do you think you are?!! WHO IS THAT FUCKING BOY IN THERE? DO NOT MAKE ME BREAK THIS DOOR!"

"LETS BREAK IT HONEY!" THE DOOR SWANG OPEN AND MOM WALKED IN THROWING STUFF AT ME AND SHE BEAT ME UP AGAIN. SHE SAW FINN AND LOST IT EVEN MORE. SHE TRIED TO GRAB HIM BUT I FOUGHT HER , I TOLD HER TO LEAVE HIM PLEASE!!DAD GRABBED FINN AND THREW HIM OUT THE WINDOW.

I HEARD HIM SCREAM AND THEN WHEN HE HIT THE GROUND HE WENT SILENT. I COULDN'T MOVE NOR DID I WANT TO GO SEE IF HE IS DEAD OR ALIVE.

Someone shook me really hard. I turned to look and then again, I opened my eyes to an anxious Finn. "Was I dreaming?" "More like screaming!" He laughed,I didn't."So what happened? Wait let me just ..."

He got off the bed and shuffled In his bag and pulled out a water bottle and handed it to me. I drank and eased up. He sat next to me and said,"I'm okay Angel and I know you dreamt about me. Who was trying to hurt me?" "Um my father. He killed you actually" "That's insane what did I do though?" "He saw you here!"

He looked at me shocked and then said,"That's weird cause he was here a few minutes ago knocking on the door, wanting you to open so you guys can talk but your mom is totally angry!" "What?! They're both here? What time is it?" He pointed at the clock on my bedside. I looked and it was written 20:20 pm.

"How long have I been asleep?" "I don't know,I'm not sure. I woke up and found you dead asleep. Have you been crying. Are you okay?” I looked at him then said,"why ask?" "I don't know I just feel sad all of a sudden."

I laughed,"That's probably because I dreamt that you died" he laughed and said,"Well I'm not scared of death"  I'm not scared of death too!! Our eyes locked for some time then we looked the other way.

"I think I will go talk to them" he held my hand stopping me and said," please don't go. It's okay they'll understand that you are old and you need time to yourself" "Okay but what will we do now that we are awake and everyone is asleep?!"

He looked at me mischievously and said,"What do you want to do?" I laughed and said," study?" "We've been doing that the whole day. Let's lay down and just relax." We did and he broke the silence,"So can I hold your hand? Thank you" he took it and I laughed,"Why do you always do this?"

"What?" "Don't wait for me agree or disagree?" He smiled and said,"Because I know you always want to say yes but your ego just tries to tell you to say no. Tell me if I'm wrong though,each time you say no you regret it don't you?" I looked at him and said,"how did you know that?"

He smiled,"I just do!" And held my hand tightly towards his chest."So who gave you the right to undress me when I'm asleep? Hhmm?" I blushed and shyly looked away. "It all just kind of happened." He laughed and so did I.

"I'm sorry though,I just thought you will be uncomfortable, that's all. So have you eaten anything?" He kissed my hand and sent shivers of warmth up my spine." I have thanks" " Really? When?" "When you were still asleep".  "So you helped yourself out in my kitchen?"

"Yeah I did!" We both laughed after we realised how wrong that sounds. The conversations kept on flowing smoothly, laughter kept going on and on and when we felt uncomfortable sleeping on one side we switched positions, putting our feet on the wall, hanging our heads on the edge of the bed,

which felt good actually, sitting upright etcetera. He never let go of my hand. I felt happy for once in my life. I felt amazingly happy,alive, inlove,inlove? And lastly loved. I sighed and said," Well This feels nice" "Yeah mmmhhmmm it does"

"So won't you get in trouble with your parents" He looked at me in the eyes and down at my lips and looked away saying,"No, They won't" "They won't what?!" "They won't kis... Kill me" "Are you sure?" "One hundred percent" "okay if you say so" he looked at me again, eyes,lips and away. "What?" "What?" We looked at each other for some time and then eventually looked away. We continued with normal conversation and it all went well.