What Happened That Night

Please comment!

**Voldemort

Voldemort apparated himself to the gate of Godric's Hollow. He could not let that damnable prophecy come to pass, there was just so much killing to be done! So, the child had to die, and the parents too. He really must keep up appearances, and anyways, killing was ever so relaxing. 

Nothing could match the feeling of satisfaction he got from seeing the light slowly drain out of a person's horror-filled eyes. Well, except for torturing them first, but he didn't see himself having the time or patience for that tonight.

Still, he couldn't help imagining the screaming they would have done for him, as he disassembled their bodies and tore into their minds as easily as cracking an egg. It truly would have been glorious. Pained sounds caused by him always sounded as sweet music to his ears, as relaxing and endorphin releasing as good sex.

Using wordless magic, he opened the deceptively delicate looking white iron gate. His magic had seamlessly and expediently unraveled all blocks barring his simply walking through them. Some incredibly nasty wards and protections had been placed on them, not what one would expect from the so-called 'light' wizards, but then again, few knew Dumblebitch's true nature. He'd likely put them up himself, the vicious power hungry old coot. 

Voldemort pondered lightly how his sanity might have been retained if not for Dumb-As-A-Duck. He'd never have done anything to permanently harm another until he'd been put under the Imperius curse by that bastard. It had quite warped his mind, the things he'd been forced to do. As usual, he brushed it aside. Now was not the time for pondering old problems or plotting vengeance. 

Now was a time for violence and death. A cruel, twisted smile stretched across his sculpted features, handsome and still preserved at the age of twenty years. He glided up the paved stone walkway leading towards the house, swaying lightly to the chorusing screams in his head.

Pettigrew, the useless sniveling coward who was weaker than the Malfoy's child, Draco, was it? Well, the child had yet to reach his second year. Pettigrew had not only given him the location of the Potter's residence, he'd also provided the locations of both the adult and infant Potter's bedchambers. Though Pathetigrew had not ever seen the child, he had seen the nursery and been given tours of the Hollow before.

He would not be defeated by these weakling Dumbledore worshippers, or their child. He was even more powerful than Merlin himself, and a good deal more insane. The perfect combination if one were to consult him.

His black robes fluttered around him in an unnatural breeze that had been stirred by his presence alone. His powerful aura tended the warp the world around him, and his mental state usually played a role in the outcome. He was feeling giddy at the thought of killing tonight, so there were no explosions, and the world was mostly calm about him.

The night was laced with the chill of Autumn, on the date the muggles called All Hallow's Eve or Halloween. Really, could they agree on nothing? It could be quite vexing at times to deal with their irregularities. One phrase ought to be enough. Against the stereotype, the moon was new this night, only the stars were present to light the world. 

The faint illumination that did show was only enough to cast everything as vague silhouettes. He was certain that no mere glance out a window would reveal his presence to the house's inhabitants. A pity that. He did so love a struggle. 

The doors to the house opened at his unspoken request, silently swinging inwards to grant him entry. His bare feet registered the shift from smooth cool paving stones to a soft light-colored carpet.

A shift in energy caught his attention. He cocked his head to the side, as if to better focus in on it, although he already knew the trace had the signature of eyes. Somebody was watching him. There were none other than him physically present in a direct line of sight to him, and he concluded it must be a metaphysically trained powerful magic user.