Visiting on the Other Side

Era Damon White**

He was happy to note that when he had changed to Era, his clothes too had changed. Imagine how embarrassing it would've been had his clothes burst off his much larger form. Also, he'd've just wrecked a lovely set of bamboo fabric custom-made robes, not something easily replaced by conventional means.

Walking sanguinely forwards, he greeted his chefs and was pleased by all the smiles given to him in return. People at his club were just so nice to him, and it seemed genuine, which he really appreciated. Perhaps tonight he should go visit Lucius, and see how things were going.

Feeling a bit mischievous, Era snuck up behind one of the chefs and snatched a pastry from the stacked plate he held. It was one of the Ineas, and he just laughed at the childish antics. Era took that amazing first bite of his prize, a caramel sticky bun, and nearly groaned at the flaky sweet pastry that melted in his mouth. Maybe he didn't need a Food 4 Life Club, he could just steal treats from Nighthowlers and Orchids at night and be content.

With a wave goodbye, he departed the kitchen and walked through the club, deciding to first visit his library to some parchment. He had a letter to pen, after all.

Pyre flicked his tongue at the cup of Era's ear and hissed ~I don't see why you're writing him a letter, why don't you just show up at his house? He is your mate after all.~

~It's considered the polite thing to do, and anyways, if it's just a letter, he may feel more comfortable turning me down if he's not up  to company. If I were to show up in person, he may feel pressured into allowing me to stay because I did the work of coming to him, and he didn't want to disappoint me.~

~But you aren't doing anything! It's more work to write and send a letter, wait for a reply, then apparate than it would be to just apparate and ask. I'm beginning to agree with Kayleira, much as it pains me to admit. You're not very smart.~

~Now that's taking things too far, Pyre!~ Era said, chuckling, as he began to write.

Kayleira was still giving him the silent treatment though, and didn't deign to offer any more of her characteristic nasty snark to the conversation.

~Come now,~ Bliss said, seemingly appearing from thin air as he cancelled his invisibility magic ~the problem isn't that he lacks intelligence-~

~Thank you!~

~-the problem is that he's going about the matter like a human.*snort from Era* Were he an inherently more advanced species, such as a snake, he'd use his practical knowledge instead of being such a people-pleaser. Making logical decisions rather than over complicated emotional ones.

~When snakes find their mates, they stick together no matter what, none of this silly leaving them practically alone for a month, waiting for them to deal with a fake mate before settling down. If you want my advice-~

Era cut him off~Which I don't.~

Bliss huffed a bit, but his stance firmly decided, continued on~-My advice is in conjunction with Pyre, you should just show up. Your mate will be happy to see you, especially with him being a sub and all. Even if he doesn't quite realize t yet, the best thing for you two to be is together.~

~Well, there is one thing I appreciate about your advice, that being how Lucius would appreciate seeing me. I am afraid neither of your opinions matters much now though, the letter was just sent, as we were bickering I was multitasking. Apparently that's not a skill snakes have, as you don't know how to use your eyes and mouths simaltaneously.~

~That was just uncalled for.~Pyre said stiffly.

~Very~Bliss said~And I'll prove right now just how wrong you are. I say you and Pyre are both idiots. See? Multitasking. I'm a professional.~