Chillin' at the Club

Era Damon White**

As he slipped through the portal into Nighthowlers and Orchids, he let out a relieved sigh. It wasn't until after dinner that he'd been allowed to leave the infirmary again, and he'd immediately high-tailed it to his room. Era had been desperate to get out of the school building, a cage that kept him imprisoned with Metus, the beast who'd stolen the liar's appearance.

Anxiety had coursed through him every moment since meeting his eyes in the Great Hall, every second that he worried over Metus searching him out and attacking his mind again. Era wasn't a fool. It was easy to ascertain that his opponent wielded greater power, and that meant he could break into the place Era held most dear, his mind.

Coming into the club was to him as a breath of oxygen to a drowning man, sweet relief that instantaneously made him relax. It would be impossible to be followed here, his mind hadn't been invaded save the memories of the Dursleys, so he would be safe. There were also all the layers of extra security. He'd spelled the club to not allow anyone who would hurt others that came here in, as well as not allow anyone who would endanger the club itself.

He first went to the kitchens, where he greeted all his employees by name, except for a new one, a latiya that started work today. Her name was Araia, and he introduced himself to her. The chefs were all polite and friendly to him, though a bit brisk as they rolled dough, made blood jelly, cut vegetables and grilled kelp patties. Era didn't bother them for long.

The club was already busy, even though it was a bit early. It was interesting to mingle, interacting with everyone from an unemployed werewolf in shabby clothes to one of the heirs of a vampire coven, by all rights a prince, dressed to impress with extensive connections. Era made sure to thank everyone he spoke to for their patronage, and judged absolutely no one.

It was his belief that people had every right to be themselves and be proud of it, and that he had no right judging anyone else's way of life. He accepted magical creatures, obviously, accepted every loving relationship, no matter if it was BDSM, standard, or incestuous (although for the last he didn't believe that those related to each other should have birth children, as that could  result in bad things for the baby), but everyone deserved love, in any way that they could find it.

Era didn't believe in any sort of toxic relationships though, even if both parties were satisfied with it. BDSM was one thing, it had safe words and boundaries that both parties agreed to, but any abusive relationship, whether by word or deed, was wrong.

He even ended up dancing, a group of elves asking him to join them, and enjoyed it. It was very companionable, and he enjoyed the bright spirits and clean energy of those around him. In particular, there was one elf who stood out to him, a bright pansexual female who smiled so cheerfully that those around her smiled too, and had a laugh like ringing bells. She was with her partner, a more reserved elf, and it was evident how much they loved one another.

At the bar, he spoke with a few patrons watching some muggle television, which he didn't really understand, but was happy to speak with them anyways. One was in a dreadful mood, and was quite the maudlin drunk, but Era did his best to cheer him up some. In the end, he put on a comedy movie so dreadful that the man actually began to snort, and eventually laugh at the cringe worthy scenes that were rendered hilarious by dint of true skill on the part of the actors.

Others at the bar were more jovial, though one exchanged some rather barbed comments with him, that he responded to with polite, self deprecating humor. He still couldn't understand why they would watch television at the end of his socializing, not when they could be reading instead, but he respected their choice.

The restaurant was his next stop, where he asked the various families how they were enjoying their visit. Overall, it was very positive. There were a few small complaints, it was too loud, the blood jellies were made with A+ when AB- was clearly the best type, and that some of the chicken served was a bit dry. These things mostly depended on personal preference though, so Era responded politely to each, recommending a private room for the noise sensitive person, personally requesting a different type of blood for the dissatisfied vampire, and suggested that the person with the chicken complaint tell the chef, because then it would surely be remedied.