Facts, Opinions, Reactions

Harry Potter**

As he got ready for the day, he remembered the long night he'd spent talking to his mates, explaining what he could. He'd left some thing out, such as the 'Child of the Five' nonsense, the Five themselves, his other adoptive mother, what his true form actually was, and Athena's timepiece.

What Harry did share, however, was the scope of his intelligence, what subjects (including the ones from unquestionable to downright illegal) he'd been studying, the creation of Nighthowlers and Orchids, a full disclosure to Sev about the original Era's death, speaking to Hogwarts, his vaunted status with the goblins, killing his relatives, what actually happened the night Voldemort had come to his parents house, the first few times Harry met Lucius and Draco as Harry, his plans for the future in government, and a great many other things.

In the end, his mates didn't get a wink of sleep that night. He found it somewhat humorous that he, who never needed sleep, slept, and his mates who ought to be spending a third of their lives with their eyes closed hadn't.

Harry straightened his exemplary school robes and fussed with his hair until it looked the normal variety of wild instead of like a living black tentacled creature that had taken up residence on his head. Cleaning himself up with magic rather than going to the communal showers, he went down to breakfast with his appearance in perfect order.

"Harry!" Theo hissed, grabbing his arm as he saw the raven haired boy making his way to the main hall, "The whole school is talking about it! They say you were making a potion like a man possessed, and when the other students in your class described what you were doing to the older kids, they said it had to be a mastery level potion! Are you crazy? Do you know how many people die attempting those?!"

"Theo, calm down. Professor Snape was supervising me."

He gaped, and said, in a somewhat awestruck somewhat horrified tone, "So it's true then? I thought maybe they were just playing a joke, or that they hadn't understood properly. You really were doing mastery level potions?"

"Only one, yes, and as I just said, I was being supervised!" Harry said, a little irritated that Theo didn't think him capable.

"There's a reason that a master can only take on one apprentice at a time! It's because the slightest lapse in concentration can be lethal. He had an entire class of first years to watch too! That's not only dangerous to you, Harry. If something had gone wrong, you might've killed the entire first year class! And, you also missed lunch and dinner. Do you have any idea how worried Draco, Blaise and I were? Especially because Snape didn't come to either meal himself either."

Harry sighed. This was upsetting him. Did Theo really have so low an opinion of him as to believe he would recklessly endanger his classmates? 

"I had shielding around myself, my cauldron, and my workplace. No one would have gotten injured."

Theo still looked a bit unhappy, "But why didn't you come to meals? You scared us so much!"

"I was too absorbed in brewing. The slightest error could've resulted in a failed potion."

"Then Professor Snape should've made you come to meals. You need to eat," Theo reprimanded.

"But we were busy!" Harry protested.

Theo's eyes suddenly lightened, "Well, there was a rumor going around that Snape was avoiding the Great Hall because of all the attention his new look was garnering. We never did get to discuss it yesterday because during breakfast, Blaise and I had been worried Draco would be sensitive to any gossip about his godfather, and you were pretty distracted.

"Later though, Draco brought it up, and seemed to find it hilarious. Honestly, I'm just curious as to how it happened. I mean, I was and still am completely convinced that the only aspects of his appearance he cares about are the ones meant to intimidate us students. Like with the billowy cloak, piercing eyes, and unhappy mouth."