I'll Take Seven, Then

**Harry Potter/Era Damon White

Harry's school shopping was finished. He'd popped into the pet store, gotten a lovely midnight owl named Agate, and then immediately left to enter a familiar store as Era. He'd seen snakes in the window and had been unable to resist.

There were mostly mammals of some magical persuasion in the store, but there seemed to be some of just about everything. The store was ridiculously large, multiple engorgement charms likely had been used on it to facilitate all the animals different ecosystem set ups. Upon entering, he immediately knew that any of the animals would willingly become a familiar to him, although only some were strong enough to properly fulfill the role.

Era had immediately gone to the snake section though, and while the selection was much smaller than that of most other creatures, there were still a good twenty or so snakes. 

~Hello darlings~ he hissed to them, letting Pyre, Derum, Death, and Lily out so that they would tell him which of the snakes they liked.

~Speaker? We haven't had a true speaker visit the shop for almost 30 winters. Have you come to choose a familiar?~

~Yes.~

~Well, any of us would gladly go with you, though some of the younger and less powerful ones likely wouldn't be a good fit. Aspen?~ a lilac colored snake asked.

A very large turquoise snake replied ~Yes?~

~Give a rundown of power levels and ages please.~

~Lira is 734 years old and the most powerful out of us scoring a 793. She is an alatum anguis, a close relative of dragons, but she is also blind and quite small for her species. She is mislabeled by the stupid humans. Her magical abilities are like those of a wizard except wandless, wordless, and less structured.

~Cornan is 314 years old and on the power scale at 699. He is a type of water serpent that has no known name, but is believed to be a cousin species to the basilisk, although their eyes do not petrify people, they can release a gas from a gland behind their jaws and it has many uses. Depending on Cornan's intent, it can kill, calm, knock unconscious, disorient, cause happiness, or merely be odorless inactive vapor. 

~Bliss is 309 years old and on the power scale at 230. He is a sirenheart snake, which is rare, and they are cursed rather than born. Bliss' only active magical ability is to turn invisible, but his venom can be used in making love potions that can only be countered by potions also made of sirenheart venom and his blood can be used as a truth serum as powerful as Veritaserum but needs another dose of blood to make the person stop being impelled to tell the truth.

~Ziva is 268 years old and 701 on the power scale. She is a subspecies of alatum anguis, and likely to outstrip Lira when she reaches her final growth

~Zion is 268 years old, Ziva's hatchmate, and 701 on the power scale. He is likely to be more powerful than Lira but less so than his sister because most of the times a female snake grows larger than a male, meaning she'll have a larger core.

~Raz is  240 years old and on the power scale at 562. No species identification. He can transport himself  pretty much anywhere and can channel you easily if you bond with him, making it easy for him to transfer messages you don't want evidence of. Raz can also split off into as many as four of himself at one time, though it splits his power. Like, if he split in 4, each him would roughly have 140.

~Graydon is 177 and on the power scale at 98. He is an anaconda who got hit with magic and can speak to his familiar and change his size.

~Villa is 125 and is not on the power scale because she will gain the power level of her familiar. She is a corswal and her powers will mirror those of her familiar.