Kitten Daze

Please comment!

**Era Damon White/Harry Potter

The words just kept ringing over and over in his head,". . .you have the power to change things for the better, and I cannot wait to be there when you do."

With great difficulty, Era was forced to accept that his mistake wouldn't get any better for him just sitting here doing nothing, not even attempting to fix it. Everyone made mistakes, most not nearly so bad as his, but nonetheless, everyone made them.

Yes, he was young, but that just meant he had a lot to learn. It was time for him to stop dithering about here like a coward and face what he had done.

He was Era, he was Harry, he was the Prince of Natural Life, and the Lord of Life and Death. He wasn't nothing, never had been, and he had a lot of work to get done. For now though, he figured he'd best be suited to be Era.

Era wiggled out of the blanket securing him and hopped from the basket to the floor, his paws hitting the ground noiselessly. It wasn't like anyone knew who he was yet, but still he might attract less attention strolling from Gringotts as a kitten than as a man.

He silently went to the office door and used magic to open a temporary cat door in the wood, slipping out unnoticed. There were, after all, no others present. This was the owner's office, and he was out.

Since he could not apparate inside of Gringotts without breaking their wards, which he thought were better left up, he had to find a way out that was kitten friendly. Likely, this simply meant using random magic he made up on the go.

Figuring that if ghosts could pass through walls and floors and not be injured in any way that he could too, he focused his magic on that aim. He'd accepted that magic was a tool, and the best way to make a mistake was to wait for an emergency to call on it. It was better to practice when he had all the time in the world, so that when he was in that emergency situation, he wouldn't make as many errors.

The magic had by now completely permeated his body, and he saw the blue sheen common among ghosts was completely covering him now. He glided down through the floors, receiving surprised looks from all that saw him, (though most didn't), and when at last he reached the ground floor, was glad to find himself in the lobby. 

More attention was paid to him here, and a few young wizard children came rushing over to him. Era didn't much want to be waylayed, so he simply remained in his noncorporeal state as the children tried to touch him. 

Their hands felt cold as they passed through his body and he was sure he'd have shivered were he capable. When he reached the front doors, the children scampered on back to their families though, and he pattered out the front door of Gringotts, attracting negligible attention. This was, after all, the wizarding community he was dealing with.

What to do next? He didn't really know how to approach the Ineas, and he was terrified to try. He already knew they'd hate him, and he had yet to figure out how to make it better.

There was the bar, but he didn't have a property for it yet-Hey! He could do that! If he went around as a kitten, he could scout out any places that would suit his needs. Then, he could go and buy it, as he was a billionaire now, and use his magic so that he could have what he wanted inside.

Trotting sedately down the streets, (as there were no cars), Era found next to no storefronts for sale. And the ones that were, were very large. He needed it to be small enough so that whatever front he made could be easily managed and not put under scrutiny.

He'd remained a ghost kitten, seeing as if someone did step on him he didn't want to die before he could heal himself. People continued to pay him even less attention than they had in Gringotts, as they all had things to do and places to be, unlike the bored wizards waiting in line.