Cracked Porcelain

**Era Damon White

"Poor child."

"Indeed! The foolish baby went off and got rid of his magic during his first growth!"

"Now, now, sister, he's still just a baby, barely a decade old you know. And, of course, we all know he never got a teacher."

"I know. Khanis should have sent the boy to a better suited place, even if it meant interfering with the silver-bearded idiot. Khanis, the other idiot in this situation, believed that the boy's fate should be entirely his own and just leave his Earth family to be luck of the draw."

"Foolish man," *humph* "I'm not going to give him anything other than a hard time for a good long while. Moron acts as if he could really affect the boy's foretold fate! How does he still not grasp that everything that needs to happen will happen, and there is no action made in the present that doesn't make the future. Seeing the future is seeing the choices people make, and it already knows who will learn of the known time ahead."

"Oh, sisters! Dear sisters! It seems the Little One is soon to wake up! Less than three minutes! Please, just this once can we keep him here and talk with him in a way he'll remember? The baby deserves to meet his mothers."

"Ah, no. You know we aren't allowed to meddle in that capacity at this stage."

"Well, I do, but can't we just-"

"No. Much as it pains me, we need to allow him to return and go back with no memory of us, just as we have done previously."

"First though, first we may give him gifts! The time has come for it to be allowed once more! So, the Little One needs gifts."

"That is true, but only the approved ones. Don't you dare break the laws because I refuse to let you risk our right to see him in the future. If you cannot handle yourself in this matter, you know it will show we cannot handle greater matters, and they will separate us from the baby even longer."

"Yes, yes, we know that! Me first, then you, and you'll go last because you made me sad thinking about him having to go back.

*huff* "Fine."

Era didn't know what was happening, and his eyes were stuck firmly shut with extra strength super glue. A warm, soothing current of magic was going through him at a gentle pace, and he was astonished to find it perfectly comfortable. 

He hadn't thought it would ever be possible for him to ever find comfort in magic again after- after what? Where was he? Why was he here? What reason would he have to not be comfortable with his magic?

No answers came to him immediately, which he found very disconcerting. Usually his mind worked faster. . . Era focused his attention back to what he had overheard.

Who was Khanis? And these women were his three unnamed adoptive mothers? And they were all sisters? Why would they give him gifts? The more Era thought about- well, anything really, the more confused he became. 

He was exhausted down to the dregs of his core, so decided to just stop thinking for a while and let the pieces fall where they may. After all, he couldn't even open his eyelids at the moment, which meant confronting the sisters was impossible.

A gentle kiss was placed on his right cheekbone by a soft, smooth set of lips, and he felt a pleasant tingling sensation where the impression lingered.

"Darling little harbinger mine, I grant to you the gift of hope. No matter how dark and unhealable a situation may seem, you will never lose hope. I wish you knew how much I love you, and can't wait until next we speak."