s i x t y - t w o

A/N: Don't forget to read chapter sixty-one!

-

„You can't meet him right now, I'm sorry.", the officer behind the desk says, causing Jimin to sigh disappointed. „But when.. when can we meet him?"

„The trail is in one hour. Depending on the verdict, maybe he will be free or declared guilt.", the office answers.

„Where is the trail?" Jin asks politely, noticing that Jimin is clenching his fist.
After the officer handed the address, Jin slightly grabbed Jimins arm to take him outside to meet the others that had to wait at the entrance.

„What did they say?" Yoongi asks quietly looking at Jin, knowing that Jimin isn't feeling that well to answer his question.

„The trail will be in an hour, we can get there on time.", Jin answers, handing Yoongi the address. Yoongi nods, typing the address into his phone.

The silence is loud, louder than ever before. The air feels heavy for everyone, especially for Jimin and Jungkook. As if someone is taking their breath away, the pain in their chest getting stronger, the fear consuming every other thought.
They all just stand there, in front of the police building, people passing by as if they aren't there.
Jungkook hasnt spoken a word since they left, his face without emotions, but inside there's a firework. He feels so much but at the same time nothing at all, his head is full of thoughts, positives and negatives, good and bad thoughts, questions, many questions.

„We should go now", Namjoon says, breaking the way too long silence.

The drive to the court was also filled with silence, feeling endless and suffocating. Not one word was spoken, the silence spoke for itself. When they arrived they met Namjoon and Jin at the entrance, since they had to take another Uber, entering the building together.
Looking for someone they could ask, a small woman approaches asking them how she could help them.

„The trail will be on the second floor room 2.05. But you can't participate, it's a private trial." the woman says, looking apologetic at the group of men in front of her. „But you can wait in our waiting area"

So they waited. They waited for a long time, way too long. No one said a word, it was hard to speak. No one of them could calm down, not knowing what's happening to Taehyung at the moment. Not knowing what will happen at all. Will they even be able to meet him?
Two hours have passed, but nothing happened.

Jimin feels tired, his eyes feel heavy, his mouth dry, his hand sweaty. He couldn't calm down, the storm inside of him is driving him crazy, the uncertainty, the anxiety, the guilt and sadness, everything is coming together in his chest, making his heart hurt.
Not even Yoongi is able to calm him down, the soft strokes on his back feeling good but they can't take away the emotions and thoughts that have occupied Jimins head.
„Are you good?" Yoongi asks quietly, but before Jimin could answer, the woman from earlier walks into the waiting room.

„I'm sorry but the trail is done for today, tomorrow morning will be the second trail.", she says once again with an apologetic expression on her face.
Another disappointment, another day of waiting, another night of uncertainty.
„Thank you", Namjoon responds, showing with a gesture to the others, that they should leave now.
The group stands up, about to leave the room, when suddenly a few officers walk past the room, a person they couldn't recognize immediately, in between them, his hands cuffed.
Suddenly the silver haired boy, dragged out by the police, turns to his right side where the group of friends stood inside of the room. Their eyes meet, after such a long time their eyes met again. Just for a second but it was enough, enough for them to realize that's him. It's their friend, their brother, their Taehyung, whom they've missed so much. No one was able to do or say something, they just stood there in shock.

It was just a matter of seconds, it felt as short as a breath, but they saw him and he saw them. Maybe it was enough for the day.

„T-tae.." Jimin whispers, his heart almost breaking into thousand pieces at the sight of his younger friend being dragged out by the police.
„Taehyung!" he suddenly shouts after being able to leave the trance he felt into.  He starts running out of the room, trying to catch up with the police officer that were about to pull Taehyung into their car.

„Taehyung!" he shouts again, his voice trembling, eyes watery and heart beating extremely fast.
Meanwhile Yoongi managed to catch up with his boyfriend, grabbing him by his arm trying to stop him from doing something that he will regret.

„H-hyung..!", Taehyung says, his voice not allowing him to shout or speak louder. He is being dragged into the car, one officer stepping in front of Jimin, between the two friends that haven't seen each other for such a long time.

„You have to leave immediately." the officer says, taking a step towards Jimin and Yoongi, while the car started driving away.

„I'm sorry officer, we're leaving", Yoongi apologies, pulling Jimin away from the officer. In the meantime Jin and the others joined them, without Jimin or Yoongi noticing.

„Are you okay??" Jin asks, placing his hand on Jimins shoulder, big tears rolling down Jimins soft face. „It.. it was Tae..", Jimin manages to say „o-our Taehyung."
More tears started running down his face as Jin pulls him into a tight hug.

„He will be alright" Jin whispers, „he will be alright.."