s i x t y - f o u r

Their eyes meet again. And it won't be the last time.

It was Jimin who was able to break out of his trance first, recognizing the face he thought he would may never see again. The soft face of his friend, that has always been covered by a big smile. The face of his best friend who has always been there for him, who left them months ago, who had to go trough so much pain and darkness. It's his face, it's Taehyung's face.

Without wasting another second, both Taehyung and Jimin start running towards each other, meeting at the bottom of the stairs, pulling each other into a long, tight hug, something both of them had dreamt of in the past months, now finally being together. Their Hyungs followed them immediately, embracing Taehyung into a big group hug.

"W-we missed y-you so much..!" Jimin managed to say trough all his tears, his voice shaking almost breaking. He started crying immediately, not being able to hold back any emotions anymore. All he felt right now was relief. "I-I missed y-you, too", Taehyung answers, his voice sounding even more fragile than Jimin's. "F-finally Taehyungie, we were so worried!" Jin adds, after they pulled away slightly. He pulls the younger into a short tight hug before stepping back.

"I-I'm so s-sorry guys I-" Taehyung starts, but is being cut off by Jungkook, "N-no, I'm s-sorry, please, p-please forgive me H-hyung!"

Taehyung pulls the younger into another hug, both of them crying hard, never ever have a reunion felt this emotional, heart breaking but at the same time relieving.

"I-it's o-okay Jungkookie, don't be sorry", the silver haired boy answers, hugging him tightly before letting go and whipping away the tears from the youngers face.

"I-I'm just happy that I'm finally b-back.." Taehyung says no whipping away his own tears with his sleeve. "Don't you ever leave us again" Yoongi says, ruffling trough Taehyungs hair, making him smile in result. "I-I won't I promise, Hyung."

The anxiety, fear, silence, uncertainty about what will happen next, everything has vanished in this moment. All they feel is relief, happiness. The guilt tho, it is still there.

"What happened, what did the judge say?" Namjoon asks.

"I will explain you everything, but right now.. I just want to enjoy this moment." Taehyung answers. He seems matured, his face almost cold looking, his expression firm, the look in his eyes, it has changed. Behind the happiness, him being with his friends again, is some kind of darkness, sadness, pain. So many things that have to be taken care of, so many burdens that will still come to him, that he has to manage.

Behind this happiness and relief in his eyes and face, is a broken, sad and tired soul.

"Okay alright Taehyungie, we will bring you home, you can rest and tell us what happened whenever you feel like" Seokjin says, placing his right hand on his right shoulder, slightly smiling at his younger friend.

"Thank you but I-" Taehyung stops in the middle of his sentence, his eyes looking past Seokjin who is standing in front of him. Taehyungs face changes, he frowns and starts looking around "I- I'm not done here.. where- where is he?"

Taehyung suddenly leaves the circle his friends had formed around him, he looks around, looking for someone, his whole body expression changing. From relieved to scared, to nervous and stressed. "Who Tae? Who are you looking for?" Jimin says, following his friend.

Taehyung seems like being trapped into his own world, not listening to his friend, just looking around. In the corner of his eyes, he sees a brown haired boy, waiting behind the fence and suddenly starting going away.

It's him, it has to be him!

Taehyung starts walking fast towards the fence, leaving the ground of the court. He looks to his right, where he saw the brown haired male walk away before. He soon realizes it's not him, not the person he hoped to be. His heart crushes, the disappointment written on his face, sadness taking place in his chest. His friends followed him to the fence, not understanding what is happening right now.