t h i r t y - e i g h t

short chapter

Just one more bite.

One more bite and it's enough for today, you will be free for the rest of the day.

This small one bite. It's nothing big right?

Just this small bite, and you will get better.

For your mother, for you friends.

And especially for yourself.

Just this one bite, and you will be fine.

_____

Yoongi spent the rest of the day on writing on his songs, making new sounds, hoping to get distraction. But it wasn't such a big help. Every beat he made sounds down, the lyrics are sad, his mind somewhere else but not where it's supposed to be.

He is tired, tired of everything, tired of life.

If he was able to sleep forever, he would do it.

A loud sighs leaves his lips when he lied down on his bed.
It started raining after he came back from the café and it hadn't stopped since then.
Now it's 8pm but it's not dark outside.

Watching the raindrops rolling down his window, Yoongi starts thinking about random stuff about his life, his future, way too many things to count them.

But his thoughts get interrupted when he hears a loud knock at the door. Since he knows that Chanyeol is a heavy sleep and always sleeps with headphones, he has to open the door even if that's the last thing he wants to do now.

He doesn't want to speak to anyone at the moment, nor does he want to see someone. The only thing he wants to do is to go somewhere far far away where he knows no one and where no one knows him.

But sadly he has to open the door.

He wasn't expecting to see him for a long time - he didn't expect tp see him ever again, but now he stands in front of him, his hair slightly wet because of the rain while raindrops are visible on his pale face.

They just stand there, looking at each other without saying a word.

Yoongi finally manages to break the silence first, "Why are you here?"

Donghyuk's eyes are staring at Yoongi, staring till he realises that he made a big mistake by coming to Yoongi's place. He doesn't know what made him do this, his mind is going insane, he is going crazy.

But he has to say some things before he leaves to America, even if he shouldn't, he knows he will regret it if he doesn't say these words.

"I-I.. I don't know." Donghyuk responds finally taking his eyes off of Yoongi. Awkward silence takes place both of them wanting to say something but can't find the right words.

Yoongi is still angry. Angry that Donghyuk didn't tell him earlier that he will move to America. The jealousy was in vain. There was no need to be jealous, but he is still angry even if Donghyuk didn't cheat on him.

"I-It's just.. that I.. I", Donghyuk stutters, "We had no proper g-goodbye right? I-I mean Hyung we- we need to say goodbye to each other-"

Yoongi takes a step closer after noticing the tears in Donghyuk's eyes and puts his arms around the other's cold and wet body, pulling him into a hug, while his hand grabs the back of Donghyuk's head to press the younger even closer to himself.

Donghyuk is taken back, he can't react he can't move. That's not how it's supposed to be, no not this way.

"H-hyung I-"

"Why haven't you told me earlier?" Yoongi interrupts him, trying to keep his voice quiet. Yes he is angry and disappointed but seeing the almost crying boy in front of him makes him forget about all the anger, which is being replaced by pity and sadness.

Donghyuk pulls away even if he wants to stay in this position forever. But unfortunately he can't.

"I..I couldn't." The younger responds, "I shouldn't have told you in first place this all is wrong I can't do it I- I have to go- I shouldn't be here this is-"

"Calm down, Donghyuk." Yoongi puts his hands on Donghyuk's shoulder, trying to look him in the eyes but the younger male avoids his glance, his eyes widely open.

"What's wrong with you?" Yoongi frowns, placing his right hand on Donghyuk's cold cheek, making the younger flinch at the sudden touch.

"I-I.. I have to go now- I, I'm sorry." Donghyuk takes a step back but Yoongi grabs his arm and pulls him into the apartment.

"First tell me what's wrong? Why are you acting so strange?" Yoongi asks, still holding the younger's arm as if Donghyuk would run away the same moment he let's go his arm. And Yoongi really doesn't want him to leave.

"I-I have to leave..!"

"Tell me what's wrong." Yoongi says with a stern glance.

"I.. I can't."

"I'm worried, tell me what is wrong with you." The older responds, the grip around Donghyuk's arm is getting tighter, but Yoongi's face shows worry.

"So much!" Donghyuk shouts back, "So fucking much is wrong with me!"

Yoongi frowns before he whispers, "What..?"

"Let me help you, I will do everything okay I'm worried-"

"I have lung cancer."

______

favourite ships

All members are Sinclair - Jin is Demian