I

this is what i would imagine her to be wearing, but you can imagine something completely different if you don't like it

art creds:

on deviantart

on deviantart

—/<3/—

'this is it' elle thought, excitement coursing through her body. 'i'm going to be a magic knight as soon as i walk through these doors'

The 16 year old girl was currently stood outside of the golden dawn headquarters. she willed herself to go in but her feet just wouldn't move. Elle was confused. she didn't once feel nervous, or at least she didn't think she did.

'william is here so i should go to him first' she thought, deciding that her brother would help ease her nerves. she walked up to the doors and entered the huge building.

elle trudged down the halls, looking left and right. despite william being like a brother to her, she had never once visited the golden dawn headquarters and now, she was very lost.

"elle!" a familiar soft voice called out from behind her.

elle turned around and smiled brightly, "mimosa!" she called, opening her arms to embrace her close friend of 10 years.

and mimosa did just that. she sped up her walking pace and hugged her friend warmly, tiptoeing a bit to rest her head on her slightly taller friends shoulder, the two boys she was with trailing behind her.

'typical mimosa, she's made friends already' elle inwardly chuckled, knowing how her friend was practically a magnet for people. not only was she beautiful, but she was kind and it attracted people left, right and centre.

"i missed you elle! where did you go? you practically disappeared..." mimosa huffed, pulling back from the hug.

"i was training~ i went to the strong magic regions with papa a few times too." elle blabbered on about her experiences, her and mimosa breaking into a extensive conversation about what they did during their time apart, completely forgetting about the company of the two men that were with mimosa.

"um... i'm terribly sorry to interrupt, mimosa would you mind introducing us?" klaus asked politely. of course he knew who this young girl was, everyone in the clover kingdom did, well almost everyone.

"ah right, sorry! i got so caught up in our conversation," mimosa smiled bashfully, rubbing the back of her neck. "this is elle novochrono-kira, the crown princess of the clover kingdom," mimosa introduced, presenting her friend like she was an ancient artifact.

"elle, this is klaus lunettes, our senior here at the golden dawn," she said, motioning to a tall blue-haired man with glasses, "and this is yuno, he's a newbie like us." pointing to a tall dark-haired boy with captivating amber eyes.

"nice to meet you both," elle smiled politely. she reached out to shake their hands but was stopped in her tracks when klaus dropped onto one knee.

"it's a pleasure to meet you, your royal highness,"

"eh..." elle deadpanned, along with mimosa. "mr lunettes please don't kneel, you're my senior in the magic knights."

klaus stood. his cheeks were red from embarrassment as he accepted the handshake bashfully.

she then moved on to yuno but just as she was about to take his hand, klaus called out to stop her.

"wait! princess, you shouldn't be shaking hands with a peasant!" klaus sounded appalled, how could the princess of the clover kingdom take the hand of a peasant!

but elle didn't falter. she grabbed yuno's hand and firmly shook it before stepping back to look at klaus with a scrutinising glare. "mr lunettes, you have proven to be quite small-minded." elle scoffs "why should someone's status stop me from shaking their hand? i will shake hands with anyone i please, especially since yuno here is now my comrade. here in the magic knights we are the same rank, so why should i withhold from shaking his hand?"

klaus couldn't answer. had he really just been called small-minded by the princess of clover? he was angry and embarrassed to have been scolded by her like this, only moments into their meeting. "my apologies, princess elle".

"i'm not the one you should be apologising too but don't do it again~"

ah there it was. the tension dissipated. her playful demeanour was back.

"yuno, klaus, what type of magic do you have? can i see it? please? oh mimosa i haven't seen yours in months! you should show me yours too!" her eyes sparkled.

she really had no trace of anger left in her body.

"we'll have to show you later elle. for now, let's head to the captain's office to report for duty." mimosa giggled, she truly was happy to have one of her closest friends as her colleague. it would make her time here a lot more bearable.

the four began their walk, keeping a steady conversation flowing. however, Yuno still hadn't uttered a word. he's been silent ever since he, mimosa and klaus had met up with the amethyst eyed girl.

he couldn't deny that he thought she was pretty because quite frankly, she was beautiful. but that was all he thought.

at first.

truthfully, he thought she was nothing more than a pretty face at first. another stuck up royal to put him down for being a peasant.

but she didn't.

she didn't make fun or him or make horrible comments about him.

she even went as far as to defend him against the noble who had been dead set on putting him down since he had met him earlier that day. of course, he ignored klaus, not thinking anything of the comments, but this royal had actually defended him.

this was the start of yuno's interest in elle.

although his interest was purely curiosity, nothing romantic...

yet.

—/<3/—

-edited-