XVI

—/<3/—

the magic knights were fighting the elves. elle could feel their mana. she paid attention to every single on of them, feeling out for their every move.

using her time magic, she assisted them. she slowed down the enemies magic and sped up the allies. it was a handy ability to have but she never used it before today and since she wasn't there in person she couldn't tell how much it was helping them.

"what are you doing princess, you do know we can feel the magic radiating off of you right?" rhya yawned, raising his eyebrows.

"i am simply assisting my allies. you didn't expect to sit here waiting to be rescued like a damsel in distress did you?" elle let out a dry, sarcastic laugh "i'll do whatever i can in my current situation to help my friends and to protect my kingdom. and don't think for one second that i'd just let my people be killed just because you offered me a chance to live"

"let's go at it then. if you refuse to acknowledge our kindness then i guess i'll have to kill you~" rhya smirked, summoning his grimoire.

"no rhya. i promised william." patry snapped. he was clearly agitated but he had his heart set on keeping his word.

"patry she's obviously not going to agree without fighting" vetto chimed in. elle didn't notice before but he looks significantly younger now- wait wasn't he dead?!

"i say we kill her." fana agreed with rhya. she also looked younger than before.

"all of you shut up. he is coming and the stone is with him. then we can finally complete the reincarnation" patry yelled.

again, who is he? why did he have a magic stone?

elle continued to assist her friends, feeling them get closer and closer. yuno was here. his mana was all too familiar, she could feel it from miles away. the silva's and vermillion's too. she assumed asta would be there too, though she couldn't feel his presence.

it was almost as if the shadow palace was a challenge and the room elle was in with the elves was the final level.

fana and vetto had disappeared at some point, presumably to fight but elle didn't even notice they were gone. she was too busy trying to find out who the guy with the last stone was.

yuno appeared before anyone else. elle's eyes went wide as she took in his appearance. he was in his spirit dive but it seems that he was also turned into an elf.

why did he get even more handsome every time she saw him?

"well well... we sent a group to get you but you took them out and came here by yourself." rhya said, shooting yuno a condescending look from where he was stood on the pedestal.

"you'll be giving us that magic stone now" patry demanded, his face as stoic as ever. "and now finally... everything will return"

patry began to cast a spell. elle jumped off the pedestal she was stood on with patry, flipped and landed neatly in front of yuno, stopping the spell and reversing it bad to before it was casted.

she knew yuno could handle himself but elle had been itching to fight this bastard since he murdered her father right in front of her whilst she wasn't even able to defend him.

"mana zone: spirit storm double" yuno yelled.

elle and yuno worked well together and they were two of the most powerful mages in the golden dawn but when 3 elves were coming at them with their enhanced abilities it was hard to hold their own let alone win.

one of them, the quiet one who hadn't said a word to either of the other elves since elle had been stood with them, was fast and silent. you couldn't hear or feel him approach. this made him dangerous and there had been multiple occasions where he had attempted to grab the pendant straight off of yuno's neck. yuno managed to dodge just in time but this guys wasn't even detected by his mana zone.

the second time the guy lunged for the pendant, yuno wasn't so lucky. the guy managed to grab it and he held it up with a smirk.

"i don't know if that's a magic stone or not... but that belongs to me. give it back!" yuno seemed distressed. elle knew the story behind it and she understood what it meant to him, it was understandable why he was so upset.

"good job ronne, no one ever could beat you at tag" rhya purred, walking over to his friend.

"now everything can finally return back to normal" ronne said quietly.

"wait... i can tell when someone is lying ronne. why was what you said not the truth?" rhya's smile dropped as he became suspicious.

elle joined yuno's side as the elves conversed.

"who's blood is that on you? is it yours" yuno asked, still keeping his eyes on the elves.

"i'll tell you about it later. let's get through this first"

the teens gasped as ronne smiles creepily and before anyone could react, rhya was on the group with a giant hole in his stomach.

patry ran over to rhya with a shout, kneeling down next to his friend.

"what did you do to him? who are you?" he yelled.

"the three leaves on a clover represent, faith, hope and love. within a fourth dwells good luck and within a fifth leaf... resides a demon" the thing posing as ronne begins. "i still remember that day 500 years ago. taking advantage of the friendship between the two mages who were chosen by the 4 leaf grimoires and using three to create the grimoire of despair"

the creepy smile never once dropped as ronne floated his way to the stone tablet that held the magic stones.

"this magic doesn't belong to an elf" yuno said to elle, his eyes sharp as he watched his pendant be inserted into the stone pillar.

a black substance suddenly flowed out of the tablet, slowly taking up the floor space. the same black substance ejected from ronne's head and joined the rest as ronne passed out and fell to the floor.

the black substance grew until it formed a demon. the three conscious beings in the room stared in shock and fear at this pitch black figure as it took it shape.

"what is this cold dark magic?" yuno's voice shook as he took elle's hand in his.

"this... this is the power of a demon" elle whispered.

—/<3/—

-edited-