XI

—/<3/—

"elle train with me. the royal knights' exams are coming up and you haven't done any training." yuno requested. he'd been trying to pry her away from her desk for days, and he was starting to get impatient.

it's like the damn desk was his love rival.

"yuno i don't need to take the exam, mereoleona invited me to be one of the co-captains along with nozel." elle told him, printing her signature at the bottom of yet another document.

"help me train then. i need a partner." yuno stated, taking the pen from her grip.

"i'm right here yuno!" belle yelled angrily, mad that yuno had disregarded her.

"elle, you haven't left the castle in days. at least spend an hour or so training with me, just to get out." yuno was practically begging at this point, there was no way elle could resist.

"okay, fine."

—/<3/—

"i have something new to show you," yuno told elle, a slight smirk pulling at his lips, he looked proud.

"do you have a new spell?" elle asked, looking up at him expectantly, waiting for him to show her.

yuno hummed lowly. "i guess it technically is a spell, but it more like a transformation," yuno looked as if he was trying to figure it out for himself. "belle called it spirit dive. i cant do it very often or for very long right now, it drains my mana quite fast."

"are you sure you want to try it out now then? i don't want you to put yourself in danger..." elle began before she was cut off by a slight chuckle from yuno and a dignified guffaw from belle.

"have some faith in us elle! we've already done it a few times so we can pull it off easy!" belle said with pride, she really was proud of how far her partner had come in such little time.

"okay... just don't push yourself too hard" elle smiled.

she too had a new spell, and a powerful one at that. after months and months of practicing, she had finally managed to pull it off. aside from yuno, who was about to find about it during their small training session, only her father knew about it.

surprising right? she didn't tell even tell william about it. and though she didn't know it yet, her decision not to tell said captain was a smart one, the soul of an elf that occupied his body as well as his own would only use it to make sure his plan was indestructible.

the power to turn back time on magic. reverse a spell back to when it hadn't yet taken it's form. the power to erase a spell from a grimoire is she so wished.

time magic: auruem vicissim.

it was useful.

and if this information fell into the wrong hands she would surely be a goner.

she trusted yuno. he liked her didn't he? and she liked him. so what was the harm in letting her little secret spill to him.

obviously she wasn't going to remove his spirit magic from his grimoire, so she opted not to show him.

she wouldn't let that part of her secret slip.

—/<3/—

on the day of the royal knight exams, elle stood next to mereoleona, the uniform that had been specially designed adorned their bodies. elle was one of the vice captains for this specific mission. the other insisted he was too busy and would only show his face in the day they began training to invade the eye of the midnight sun's hideout.