X

—/<3/—

the ceremony was over and obviously the golden dawn won the most stars. everyone expected that. however, what no one did expect was for the black bulls to drag themselves up from the pits of hell all the way to second place.

how did they even manage that? only they knew... they probably don't though so don't count on it.

elle was scheduled to give a speech about a newly established faction of the magic knights that was to help defeat the eye of the midnight sun called the royal knights, but her scumbag of an uncle decided to take his job back last minute in order to get the attention he wanted from the public.

the public didn't react kindly though. they all secretly hated the gaudy king and wished for the kind princess to take the throne. elle grew smug knowing this.

but that's besides the point.

after the ceremony was over, elle followed William to the tavern with the other captains. evidently, her juvenile self was not allowed to enjoy alcohol so she settled for some sort of fruit juice that had way too much sugar in it, but she guessed that was what made it enjoyable.

she enjoyed socialising with the captains, opting to sit next to the sleeping dorothy rather than someone loud like jack or yami in order to save herself from gaining a perforated eardrum. unfortunately, nozel didn't get that lucky. the scowl that seemed to be permanently etched on his face had deepened. elle was aware of her father's presence behind the bar despite his disguise, she could sense his mana anywhere after spending her entire life with him.

to her dismay, a certain fiery vermillion burst through the door, quite literally. it was now broken. she dragged a few familiar faces with her using her magic. these faces consist of leopold, asta and yuno.

"we're going to the strong magic region! yami, charlotte, elle, charlotte's vice-captain, you're coming. you don't have a choice!" mereoleona laughed wildly. she honestly looked unhinged. the four that were previously mentioned were grabbed by their heads by fire that had taken the shape of a lion's paw.

elle locked eyes with William, practically begging him to get her out of this but he merely shook his head apologetically.

betrayal.

elle rolled her eyes and crossed her arms with a huff. she might as well get comfortable if mereoleona was planning on carrying them all the way up to the strong magic region. luckily for the princess, noelle was nearby and happened to get dragged into this too so at least she would have someone to hang out with at the hot springs.

—/<3/—

elle hated the heat. she didn't exactly care for the cold either, she just liked to be in the middle. not too hot and not too cold. so coming to a volcano wasn't exactly the perfect getaway for her and she was starting to become irritated. her skin felt sticky, willing mereolena to hurry up with her speech so she could get to the hot springs and strip off her clothes.

yuno watched her from a distance, taking in how she tapped her foot impatiently and mumbled curse words to herself whilst fanning herself with her hand in a pathetic attempt to cool herself down, huffing in frustration when she realised she was just fanning hot air towards herself. she honestly looked like she was about to cry.

he made his way over just as she was stripping the heavy golden dawn robe off of her shoulders, sighing in momentary relief until the heat eventually crept back up her body as she adjusted. yuno decided to help her out, using his magic to cool her down a bit.

free air-con.

elle thanked him quietly, feeling childish for getting so worked up over something as little as the heat. nevertheless, she was thankful to have yuno by her side.