XIX

—/<3/—

oh how wrong she was. the demon was still there but at least all the cursed magic that swam around them had dissipated, though she could still feel some lurking around the bottom of the shadow palace that licht's spell hadn't managed to reach.

elle's attention was snapped to asta as he began to hyperventilate, his anti-magic sword looked to be taking in a lot of power. asta yelped as the weapon began dragging him towards the demon as if it had a mind of its own. The demon chuckled and ridiculed him once more, though his smile dropped when asta immediately cut through its attack, continuing to fly past it. He made a turn and continued back on his path towards the demon.

"learn your place brat" the demon began chanting in an otherworldly language, elle assumed it was used by demons when summoning forbidden magic. Three dark, gaping holes appeared around the demon. They looked like portals.

both elle and yuno swore when the same cursed matter from early began pouring out, it was much more than it was earlier and huge snake-like monsters with horrifically large jaws swam within it, letting out screeches and snapping their jaws to try and get to asta whenever his sword took him near them. a few shot in his direction, attempting to coil around his body but ending up knocking painfully into his sides, causing him to scream.

just as he was about to fly right into the open mouth of a monster, lumiere shot right through it with his light magic, grabbing asta as he made his way back to the group. he didn't make it, the demon shot a ball of magic towards the first wizard king, sending him flying into the wall on the opposite side of the room. the others jumped into action seeing that the curse continued to grow, getting closer to them.

"light magic: light swords of conviction!"

"wind magic: tornado fang!"

none of it even made a dent, it was simply swallowed up every time as it continued to grow.

"demon light magic: light swords of conviction!"patry tapped into his demon magic. if he couldn't fight with his own magic then what choice did he have but to use what the demon gave to him. this time it worked, the snake-like monster were taken down by his spell.

"why are you taking forever over there asta?" Yuno's sylph power began to grow and take a new form around his body, the green glow more intense than before. "If you can't use your power to its full extent, then you've still got a long way to go before you can become the wizard king!" yuno's magic created a grand sword using it to cut down a few of the monsters that were making their way towards him, killing them instantly.

"wind spirit creation magic: spirit of zephyr"

elle upped her mana too. she may not have owned a four-leaf grimoire like the others she was with but she was one hell of a mage and she had extensive training. she began to glow a soft gold as she pulled the staff of homa out of the time storage. clocks appeared on her skin like gold inked tattoos as a large golden crown formed atop her head. she was the new symbol of the clover kingdom. she was in charge now.

she was queen.

"time magic: auruem vicissim" she chanted calmly, a gold flash glowing throughout the room as she began to methodically cut down any cursed magic that got too close to any one of her comrades. she wasn't suddenly going to gain the ability to perform attack spells, she knew her magic and she knew herself. defence magic was her forte and she would put all of her power into making sure no one else died, even if it drained every last ounce of her mana.

next was asta. he finally managed to get control over the intense negative mana that was entering his sword and his body, utilising it and making himself stronger. "I'm gonna be the wizard king yuno! anti magic demon slayer sword: black divider!"