VII

—/<3/—

"yuno!" elle shouted from across the garden, waving her arms in the air like a madman to get his attention.

it had been nearly a month since the incident with licht and the third eye in the mountain, yet yuno and elle had barely seen each other. both of them were busy with their own missions, paperwork and training, however they did manage to meet up to eat dinner together in the cafeteria or spar for an hour or so each week.

during their time apart, yuno had realised his feelings. though he promised himself he would never act on them. he couldn't help but feel insecure. he was just a boy from the forsaken realm, whereas she was soon to be queen, they were total opposites. how could he ever confess knowing that?

little did he know, the amethyst-eyed princess was in the midst of figuring out her own feelings for him.

today was one of the rare days that they both had a day off, and since their friends were busy, they decided to spend the day together.

just the two of them.

or three.

"who are you and why are you stealing yuno from me?" a little voice nattered from her place on yuno's shoulder as the tall boy approached the young princess.

"you managed to unlock it?" elle asked, mesmerised by the little sylph that was perched on her friend. yuno nodded.

"hello lady sylph, what's your name?" elle questioned excitedly, edging closer to yuno so she could get a better look at the small spirit.

"hmph, i'm belle, the wind spirit. and who might you be?" belle didn't like the fact that there was such a pretty girl who was close friends with yuno but she sure didn't mind that the girl was paying attention to her.

"i'm elle novochrono-kira, the next queen of the clover kingdom. let's be friends belle! will you show me your magic?" watching as the sylph flew off of yuno's shoulder and hovered in front of her face instead.

yuno just watched the whole ordeal. it wasn't a lie to say that he was baffled that belle was getting along with someone—a girl at that—but he wasn't mad. yuno had only met belle around a week ago but he had already worked out that the sylph had a crush on him, and she would stop at nothing to make sure all other girls stayed as far away from him as possible.

but now belle was conversing with elle as if they were long term friends?

"i'll get yuno to show you what we can do later. he said we were going into town with his friend today and i assume that's you. so let's go!" belle perched herself onto elle's shoulder this time, shocking both of the humans, demanding that they went somewhere with cakes since she wanted something sweet.

"let's go then yuno! it's been a while since we've hung out!" elle chattered, patting his upper arm lightly and walking ahead, getting along with belle just fine.

—/<3/—

"yuno the star festival is soon, are you excited?" elle linked her pinkie with his as they kept their eye on the sylph that was flying from store to store in wonder.

"what's the star festival?" he asked, turning his head to look at the girl beside him.

"hm? you haven't heard of it? it's a fun festival with games and snack stalls, and the wizard king announces the squad and individuals who've earned the most stars. everyone is there and it's so much fun!" elle chirped, eyes lighting up as she recalled the previous festivals she's attended.

"the golden dawn will win." yuno said. his face showed no emotion but his tone of voice showed his motivation.

"of course we will. we win every year~" elle smiled, taking her eyes off belle for a second to look at yuno, who was already looking at her.