IV

—/<3/—

it had been a day or two since their mission in the dungeon. klaus had apologised to both yuno and asta for ever looking down on them for being peasants and quite literally became their biggest fans, and yuno and elle became closer as they searched the library of her palace to find information on the little fairy they saw appear from yuno's grimoire that day.

of course, no one really took yuno seriously when he told them a fairy had popped out of his grimoire and defeated the enemy for him, and elle was too busy trapping the artefacts they were ordered to collect in time so she could hand them over to william when they reported back so she couldn't back him up.

asta was still asleep and they didn't know when he would wake up, but it seemed both of elle's close friends had developed a little crush on said boy, which made for great teasing material.

"yuno! come here!" elle called from across the library, yuno looked up from his spot on the plush couch and over to where the amethyst-eyed girl was stood. she was holding a thick book and waving him over.

he got up, curious to see if she had found what they'd been looking for for the past few hours. he approached her and she read what she'd found aloud. yuno peeked at the page over her shoulder.

"the 4 elemental spirits, one for fire, wind, water and ground. do you think what you found could be something to do with that? the little girl we saw did seem like a spirit..." elle queried, turning to face him but taking a step back after seeing how close they were.

"maybe... but i cant use the spell so i guess we won't find out for a while." yuno said, stealing the book from elle's hands and moving back over to the couch. elle followed him, taking a seat beside him and reading alongside the amber-eyed boy.

"have you finished the page?" yuno asked, looking at his companion. elle nodded and he turned the page so they could resume reading.

'this feels kind of intimate, she's so close...' yuno thought, suddenly becoming aware of how little distance there was between them. they were just reading werent they? so why was he getting nervous? 'why am i thinking this way? elle is my friend. nothing more.' he inwardly scolded himself.

yuno was in denial.

—/<3/—

"william," elle called, stepping into her brother's office after knocking once.

"yes love," he answered, finishing up with the document he was signing before looking up at his sister.

elle took a seat on the chair in front of him, leaning her chin on her hand as she began to speak. "i have business with the queen in the heart kingdom for the next two days, i will be attending in my uncle's stead because he's a lazy bastard," elle scoffed, "please allow me to take those days off."

"of course. your father and i knew that you would have business to take care of for your duty as the princess of this kingdom before you joined the magic knights and we accepted those terms. just don't take on too much work at once okay?" william smiled warmly, watching as his sister stood and walked around to his side of the table.

she clomped him into a hug, bending down to be able to put her chin on his shoulder. "i'll miss you. don't get into trouble." she said, releasing him and pressing a kiss to the top of his mask.

"i should be saying that to you." william chuckled, waving her off as she walked to the door, presumably going to her room to pack for her trip.

no.

she went to find yuno.

she didn't want to leave without telling him goodbye.

—/<3/—