XV

—/<3/—

before anyone could make another move, elle and patry were swallowed by valtos' spacial magic, leaving yami alone with a passed out marx and the dead body of julius.

"god fucking damn it they took elle and the stones." yami grumbled.

the bulky man knelt down next to the father figure that's supported him over the years since he ended up stranded in this kingdom. he recalled all the memories he'd made with julius over the years, ranging from when julius found him on the beach, to when he met maelie and elle, to when he was made a captain of his own squad. yami brought his hand up to his chest and saluted, a sign of gratitude and respect before encasing the body of the wizard king in his dark magic and running to join the battle.

—/<3/—

"where on earth could you be taking me this time?" elle hissed, her eyes red from crying.

she was given no time to process her grief, the fact that she was now an orphan before the revengeful elf was dragging her to a new location. elle could use her magic now but she was waiting for the right time.

something odd was going on with some of the magic knights and she assumed it was the same thing that happened to william and patry, two souls in one body. elle needed to figure out how to get her friends' souls to take back control over their bodies before she could attack and eliminate the enemy.

the structure they were in was made entirely of rock and seemed to be a maze. patry didn't utter a word as he dragged her to the top of a raised platform where a few others elle knew as the third eye were waiting for him. there was a weird rock in the middle. elle watched quizzically as patry inserted the magic stones into the slots, waiting for something to happen. but nothing did.

"only one more left." patry muttered, taking a step back to look at the collected stones. there was one gap left.

"why aren't you answering me? where are we?"

"we are in the shadow palace little princess," rhya smirked lazily, taking a seat on a rock.

"all we need to do is wait for him to turn up so we can get the last stone, then we can start what we've waiting forever for" patry said as he tied his loose hair up into a ponytail.

"revenge?" elle asked, shifting awkwardly on her feet. she needed to try draw out as much of their plan as possible before the magic knights got here, she needed to know as much as she could so she could prevent anymore deaths.

because that burden fell on her now.

her father was dead, half the magic knights had practically become slaves to the elves and her uncle was as useless as ever, maybe dead, probably hiding.

so it was up to her. the 16 year old princess. the burden fell on her to save her kingdom.

she knew she couldn't do it alone which is why she needed all the help she could get, but first she needed some sort of idea of what the elves had planned to do with the stones and who 'he' was, the person with the last stone.

"naturally. the human race will be wiped out with the last stone. it will give me enough power to destroy you all. though i am not happy about it, i will keep my promise to william to keep you alive. it won't be the first time a princess had been accepted into our tribe." patry explained.

clearly he expected his plan to be a success else he wouldn't be giving out this information to someone who was on the opposing side. he said he watched her grow up, so surely he know how cunning she could be if she needed to. having done the kings work for years she'd needed to develop some sort of skill in manipulation.

"you had a human princess in your tribe before?" elle asked curiously, smoothing out her royal knights robe and taking a seat on a rock.

"yes. she was licht's wife. she was pregnant when your kind slaughtered her. slaughtered all of us." patry spat bitterly.

elle sensed familiar mana enter the shadow palace after he spoke. all she had to do now was prevent them from being killed.

—/<3/—

everything is out of order because i refuse to watch all 180? episodes all again just to get the details down so i'm going from memory here. i apologise if some of what's happening doesn't match up to what happens in the anime.