XXX

—/<3/—

elle choked on her water.

"enough with the fairytales yuno, tell us what happened at the golden dawn base yesterday afternoon." fuegoleon butted in, slamming his flaming arm on the table in frustration.

"no if you think about it, it makes sense." elle began, pushing off the wall and beginning to pace at the foot of the table. "magic ability and mana decreases the further down the social hierarchy you go, and yuno has an unnatural amount of power to have actually have been from the forbidden realm..." elle explained, the information clicking together in her mind.

"and the spade kingdom was conveniently overthrown around the same time yuno was born and found by the father of the church in hage" julius added.

"right... i guess it does make sense." fueguleon admitted with a sigh.

"what? so not only is he powerful and handsome but he's also royalty? how am i supposed to compete with that?" asta yelled, promptly being shut up by nacht as a slap was delivered to the side of his head.

"he may be royalty now, but that doesn't change the fact that we need know what happened at the golden dawn base so we can get to the bottom of the problem." nozel said, indifferent as always.

—/<3/—

"i still can't believe you've been royalty this entire time without knowing," elle broke the silence.

they were currently in her quarters in the castle, lounging on the arm chairs whilst researching demons and the spade kingdom. they hadn't brought up the fact that yuno was royalty until this point. elle didn't know how to, and who knows what yuno was thinking. belle was napping on the bookshelf beside them after falling asleep reading and elle couldn't help but finally break the silence.

"does it put you off? i was thinking that we could finally be together..." yuno asked quietly, his eyes flicking from his book to her face to gauge her reaction.

"why would it put me off? i was planning on being with you anyway yuno, status doesn't change a thing" elle said, visibly confused. was that what he'd been worrying about this whole time? "if anything this will make our relationship easier to announce. the nobles can't do anything about it."

"yeah, you're right." yuno said, looking back down at his book.

elle sighed and stood up, sliding a stray piece of paper between the pages of her book so as to not lose her place before making her way over to yuno and gently removing the book from his grasp. she cradled his face in her hands and pressed a soft kiss to his forehead before speaking.

"yuno i'm in love with you. nothing in this universe could ever change that. ever." elle smiled fondly, her eyes searching his for any negative emotions swimming around.

"you love me?" he asked, his ears reddening as his chest busts with an emotion he'd never felt before.

"i love you." she nodded.

"i love you too." yuno stuttered, unable to control the blinding smile that took over his face as he stood from the armchair and wrapped his arms tightly around her.

"don't ever doubt how much i love you ever again. i will always want you by my side, okay?"

"you know, your dad probably wont mind if we start dating a few weeks before we turn 18..." yuno started.

"are you asking me out right now?" elle asked, pulling back from the hug with a bright smile and pink-tinged cheeks.

"yes" yuno replied, lifting elle's chin with his finger.

"well in that case, the answer is yes." elle said, her smile uncontrollable as her amethyst eyes shone with love.

yuno's smile matched hers as he brought his face closer "seal it with a kiss?" he asked cheekily. elle chuckled and happily met him halfway, locking their lips together. it was an odd clashing of teeth because of their smiles but they wouldn't have it any other way. their love for one another was conveyed.

—/<3/—

i'm back from egypt! thank you for waiting <3