VI

—/<3/—

elle awoke with a frustrated sigh, the communication device on her bedside ringing loudly. It was 4 AM for goodness sake, who in the world could need her right now?

she sat up in her plush bed, grabbing the device angrily whilst she brushed her messy hair out of her face with the other hand.

"what do you want?" she didn't care for her manners at this moment in time. She was tired.

"elle, it's nozel. captain charlotte, captain jack and I are outside the golden dawn headquarters. come outside, I have orders to take you on a mission with us. I'll explain on the way. be here in two minutes." he spoke curtly, not giving her a chance to answer before he hung up.

—/<3/—

"so what's the situation?" elle asked, emerging from the base, slinging her golden dawn robe over her shoulders and stifling a yawn.

"the eye of the midnight sun turned up in a cave near the town of nean, the black bulls called for reinforcements." nozel explained, pulling the young princess up onto his silver eagle by her hand before flying towards their location.

"so why am i needed? shouldn't 3 captains be enough?" the young girl questioned, rubbing at her eyes tiredly and glaring at her three seniors.

"your time magic is useful girlie, we may get the chance to catch them if we use it, kekeke." jack smirked, seemingly excited about something, he's an adrenaline junkie so it wouldn't come as a surprise to anyone if he was looking forward to this fight.

"you're soon to be the queen, you need experience in these types of situations. this is your father's order." charlotte explained.

elle loved charlotte. she was strong, independent and a feminist and elle looked up to her. she would even try to encourage her to talk to yami more after hearing the older blonde mumble about him in the corridors of the palace.

"i wish they'd decided to terrorise the kingdom at an acceptable time rather than the ungodly hours of the morning." elle huffed, she was going to be tired all day now and her sleep schedule messed up for at least a week.

"wouldn't you rather they just didn't terrorise the kingdom in the first place?" nozel raised an eyebrow.

"oh, yeah."

—/<3/—

they arrived at the hollowed out mountain with a flash, deflecting the attack that was coming at the worn out black bulls as they did so.

"yoohoo! yami! bulls!" elle waved, a golden barrier of time blocking any attacks from hitting them.

"oi kid, why are you here? if you had given me a second or two, a revolutionary idea would've came to me and i would've defeated these guys all in one go." yami grunted, a cigarette clenched between his teeth as he turned to lean back on a pile of rubble.

"you called for reinforcements did you not? or would you prefer we left you here to deal with them yourself?" nozel snapped at him, though his face remained stoic and devoid of any emotion.

"who are they?" a bull asked from the back of the group.

"How can you not know them?" a young lad elle knew as 'yami's wheels' aka finral exclaimed. "that one is the captain of the green praying mantis', jack the ripper, that one is nozel silva, the captain of the silver eagles, OOOO OH MY GOD THAT ONE IS THE BEAUTIFUL CAPTAIN OF THE BLUE ROSES, CHARLOTTE ROSELEI AND THE YOUNGER ONE ON THE END IS PRINCESS ELLE NOVOCHRONO-KIRA, THE NEXT QUEEN OF THE CLOVER KINGDOM."

"why'd you suddenly have more energy when introducing the girls..." asta asked rhetorically. he knew why of course, but the knights in front of them where all incredible so it only made sense to introduce them all with enthusiasm.

"i don't care who they are, i only have eyes for marie!" the first boy said rather forcefully.

elle stopped eavesdropping on the black bulls as she heard the leader of the eye of the midnight sun speak up. "why do you have that grimoire... that doesn't belong to you... give it back."

he began to move forward, his temper rising with his voice.

"THAT GRIMOIRE, GIVE IT TO ME!"

"THIS IS MY GRIMOIRE NOW AND I WONT LET YOU HAVE IT!" asta shouted back.

"you leave me no choice," he started to glow, the light bright enough to blind someone. "i must use my ultimate spell..."

his comrades seemed to panic and moved towards their leader. elle released her defense spell and ran in front of the captains.

she held a hand out towards the leader, effectively capturing both him and his spell in time. his friends look puzzled as to why licht had stopped but they rushed to seal him, knowing that their plans would most likely be ruined if this spell was released.

"aha sorry but it seems our leader is a bit worn out, we should be heading back." the one with white and black patchy hair called down, scratching his head bashfully.

elle released her magic in confusion, causing the leader's body to go limp and fall to the ground below him. they were retreating? i mean she wasn't complaining, she got to go home earlier than planned, but why were they retreating now?

a portal suddenly appeared behind the terrorist group before they disappeared, the passed out mages that were scattered around the cage began disappearing too.

"eh? what was that about? did you really wake me up just to watch them retreat?" elle whined. she wasn't a morning person.

"no, we called you out here just in case things got too bad and you had to use your magic... and you did have to use your magic so you weren't called out for nothing." nozel said, irked.

"whatever. let's go home, i'm tired." she huffed. ignoring asta and finral fanboying. she wasn't in the mood to greet them.

"bye yami~" she smiled lazily before boarding nozel's eagle once more and beginning the journey back to her base.

—/<3/—

"elle? i heard you were called out for a mission in the middle of the night," william stated as she sauntered into his office, dark circles prevalent under her eyes.

she had just got back from reporting to her father and filling out the paperwork related to the incident. it was now late afternoon, around 3pm.

"mhm." elle mumbled, way too tired to form a proper reply. she was meant to be reporting to her captain right now, but luckily enough, her captain was her brother and she could get away with taking a nap in his office while he filled out his paperwork.

"taking a nap?" william asked, his eyes following her figure as she flopped onto the couch he had in his office, coving herself with the thin decorative blanket.

"yeah."

william watched as she fell asleep almost instantly after laying down. letting out a sigh and turning back to his paperwork.

'patry, i thought we agreed that elle wouldn't be involved' he thought, the other soul occupying his body hearing and replying.

'my apologies william, i didn't know she would turn up. it seems those bulls called for reinforcements'

—/<3/—