XXXV

—/<3/—

standing on shaky legs, elle did not let herself drop to the ground. instead she stared directly into the devils eyes as she sealed her wound in time. she would deal with that later.

yuno stumbled over to her moments later, panicking as he gave her a once over checking for any casualties. he felt the soft buzz of her magic coating her wound and sighed.

"never protect me over yourself ever again" he spoke angrily, though he was more angry at himself than he was at her.

"so you've escaped death but you still stand in my way..." zenon snarled. yuno and elle looked at each other once more before getting ready to protect themselves once more.

they were preparing to protect themselves from another onslaught of attacks when they heard langris shout.

"brother? why are you here? come to save me again have you" he asked snarkily.

"nah... he kidnapped my captain with his spatial magic... there's no way i could just walk away!" final shouted, his spatial magic forming a wall around him and his brother.

"the two of us can fight together... right langris?"

"you really are insolent brother" he insulted, yet he smiled and linked his hand with his brother, merging their magic together as they took off flying towards the enemy.

they moved at incredible speeds hopping through portals to the point where yuno and elle struggled to follow them with their eyes. with the help of elle's support magic, finral's mana method increasing their speed and with how langris' magic hollows space out, there was absolutely no way zenon's defence would hold.

except it did hold.

"even spatial magic that can erase everything... cannot destroy the heart of a devil. i have won."

if yuno and elle did not move now, langris and finral would be killed. elle moved to throw up a protective spell around her comrades, the gold glowing brighter than ever before in her desperation.

yuno grunted as he tried to muster the energy and the mana for another big attack. the room began to glow as a book descended into yuno's hands. elles eyes widened at the sheer beauty of its cover.

"that's a grimoire..." yuno said, shocked. the book floated down and took its place next to his other.

"i will save the captain. i will defeat him." he whispered, feeling mana bubble through his veins as his girlfriend, his queen, chanted her spells.

"you... you are yuno grinberryall. the child of the royal family. descendant of the father of the sun and the mother of the moon" zenon said.

"belle i need your help. i can't win with this new magic alone"

"you've got it!" the fairy flew out, allowing yuno to transform into his spirit dive.

elle turned to the brothers as yuno swept them up with his wind magic. "get out of here and get to a healer" she said, keeping her eye on the demon through her peripheral vision.

"just who are you... you have two 4 leaf grimoires" finral questioned.

"i'm the vice captain of the golden dawn." yuno smirked, sending them away with a wave of his hand.

—/<3/—