XII

—/<3/—

a few days later and the results of the royal knight exams were out. all of elle's companions had made it in without the princess having to use her stupendous persuasion skills, which was remarkable. not only did our main character not have to put in extra work, but it also meant that her friends' skills had outdone themselves and pushed their magic past the limit.

After the incident with finral and langris, there were speculations among the grand magic knights and the wizard king that langris was being manipulated by the eye of the midnight sun. he was kept in a cell to keep from anything else happening. finral had yet to wake up which was a shame, if he had woken up before, he would've been the spatial mage for the royal knights.

elle loved the royal knights uniform. the whole point of them was that they were made of a material that had a high resistance to magic but the princess just liked the look of them. it was sleek and professional and anyone could pull it off.

well, all except asta.

it was true that they ran out of material to be able to make one last ankle-length robe but the only reason they decided to give it to asta was that he was the shortest of the bunch.

not that they told him the last part.

yuno looked exceptionally handsome though, elle decided to not look in his general direction for she feared her eyes would end up glued to him.

nozel was feeling extra when the robes were being produced and decided to request that fur be added to his, it suited him but they were going to war, not a fashion show. elle would be lying if she said it didn't look good though.

elle stood on the raised platform along with mereoleona and nozel, who had finally decided to make an appearance after opting out of watching the royal knight exams. it was probably for the best though, surely he'd be humiliated to see how solid silva was completely destroyed by one hit from noelle's magic.

the newly recruited knights stood before the three royals, both excited and nervous to see what the mission had in store for them. they had 3 days of training for possible outcomes before they infiltrated.

a few grand magic knights had already scouted out the eye of the midnight sun's stronghold and the area surrounding it, now all that was left to do was infiltrate and defeat the enemy.

easier said than done, right?

this would prove to be one of the most difficult missions the clover kingdom has committed to in years.

at that moment, elle's gaudy uncle, the king decided to make an unwanted appearance, elle rolled her eyes as he waltzed in laughing cockily.

"hello, your majesty, king augustus kira clover XIII" mereoleona greeted fiercely, judging by the king's expression, he was shocked at how hostile she was constantly.

"listen well men! do not do anything to bring shame-"

the king was cut off by mereoleona, who had no intention of letting him take over. elle tried her best to hold back her laughter as her uncle's anger levels rose.

"I think you all know this but we have no use for anything other than victory!" the vermillion yelled. "the eye of the midnight sun is a terrorist organisation and we must defeat them to bring peace to this kingdom! You all battled against them before and were successful in defeating them, but there were still several consequences. my foolish younger brother fuegoleon fell at the enemy's hands and he has still not awakened."

"what we learned from the agents we captured is that their leader is a mage with a 4 leaf clover grimoire, licht. we learned that they have an upper echelon called the third eye... and that for unknown reasons, they are collecting magic stones in order to be reborn in their true forms and obtain great power. There are only three magic stones left. we were able to obtain two of them before they got to them but the other's location is still unknown" she continued.