XVIII

—/<3/—

elle and the others could only watch as the demon took patry's now black grimoire as he turned to whisper in the elf's ear.

neither of the three magic knights could hear what was being said but patry transformed into a monster moments later. the demon labelled him a 'dark elf'.

"he is just an heartless, hollowed out shell now". the demon laughed evilly, standing by whilst patry attacked the three magic knights.

"now if you'll excuse me... farewell!" the demon began ascending to where the exit was.

elle, yuno and asta were too busy blocking the attacks from patry, they couldn't stop him from leaving. none of their attacks could bring him down and elle couldn't reverse his magic to when the spell didn't exist because he wasn't using a grimoire to attack them.

"asta! yuno and i will attack! you focus on trying to hit him with your anti-magic sword!" elle shouted over the crashing, in between freezing and starting time and pulling the boys away from casualties.

asta grunted in approval as he dodged a hit, flying into the wall behind him.

"mana zone: spirit storm!"

"time magic: auruem vicissim!"

yuno's magic landed a hit on the dark elf, sending him flying backwards whilst elle's spell removed the sword patry had protecting him. asta readied himself below to land a hit with his sword. though the plan fell through when patry propelled himself away using the force of yuno's attack.

the dark elf began to glow, a deep purple light surrounding him as he muttered the word 'hate over and over again.

"shit" elle gasped. she recognised this spell as the self destruct spell from the cave a few months ago, and by the look on asta's face, he knew what it was too.

elle needed to do something. now.

she jumped up just as asta and yuno did chanting the same spell as she did only minutes ago. only this time it was stronger. she poured every ounce of concentration into this spell.

"auruem vicissim!"

the force of patry's spell had the three magic knights stumbling, trying to defend themselves but the moment that golden light shot out of elle's grimoire it was gone. she didn't know how she managed to pull it off without the enemy bearing a grimoire but she did it.

she removed a spell from existence.

nozel arrived moments later, his mercury magic protecting them from the falling rubble as asta's black form dropped. the captain immediately started forming shields to reflect the light, protecting them all at once, as aspected from a magic knights captain.

"your affinity is poor against mine. though i don't plan on losing even if i had the worst affinity" nozel said cooly, sending attacking out whilst keeping his defence up.

"mercury creation magic: silver star of execution"

a large cage began to form around patry as elle got to her feet, having caught her breath from overexerting herself with the last spell. she made her way over and stood next to nozel, the pages of her grimoire flipping as she got to the spell she wanted.

"time magic: maneo restututio"

the magic knights instantly felt their mana come back to them, giving them the edge they needed to continue their fight.