[💀] - Unforseeable Present

Evening. This chapter is a large contrast to what the others are so expect angst. It being the key theme and also the plot of today's oneshot.

If you did enjoy this bit, let me know, I'd appreciate the opinion.

Anyway, enjoy.

...

"Yeah right." You sighed, placing the framed photo of you and Mori face down on your nightstand. It's been almost a month since you and her broke up. And currently you've been doing alright, but here and there you would reminisce. A tragedy it was, so clear in your head as if it happened yesterday.

"I'm sure you have a ton of things on your plate, and so do I." The Mori in your head seemed to talk nonstop, where you had no time in between her sentences to say anything.

"I didn't want to burden you, don't take it personally."

"I'll tell the Deadbeats about what happened, I'm sorry, Y/N." Her voice faded away, all you felt was guilt.

During the subsequent days from the breakup, the entire office seemed to fall out of place, as it seemed to have a gray medium between you and Mori. Kiara and Gura helped her, while Amelia and Ima did their best to give you the same treatment.

Though, you were tired of it and said that you were okay, essentially relying on yourself to rid of the thoughts. You stood from the side of your bed and trudged towards the calendar. 'X's' marked the days from the fourth; you marked another on the 27th. You suddenly felt irritated and tore the calendar off the wall, it lay limp on the floor below you. You also didn't bother to check your phone; it was beyond dead since then.

You stared at yourself deeply and grimaced. Although you kept yourself tidy, black bags under your eyes subtracted from your usual cheerful-esque. You clicked your tongue and faced away from the mirror hastily. You couldn't stand how you looked. You pulled your tie and your unique suit jacket designed for you, which you appear with on your streams, off your chair.

In the kitchen, you scoured for coffee beans to craft your "signature" cup of coffee. But absent were the coffee beans. With a sigh, you shut the cupboard closed.

"Another run to the coffee shop, huh."

Swiping off your keys from the wall and shutting the door behind you, locking it, you walked over to your car. You looked up, the sun hiding beneath the sheets of clouds. It was warm, lightly humid, and rather musty.

You drove over to your favorite corner coffee shop, which was also conveniently near the Hololive branch office you worked at. You parked against the curb, pulling the parking brake, and shut off the engine. Your massive habit of checking the car being in neutral had stopped you from opening the door, you being satisfied after rattling the shift knob left and right for a few times. You affixed your tie, opening the door, not bothering to grab your suit jacket, and shoved the door to a close.

Before your first step, you instantly spotted the familiar pink-haired reaper. But opposite to her was another man. You squinted to see if there were any identifying features.

The man was undistinguishable.

Instead of doing anything radical, you went back in your car, which shook when you slammed the door close. The voices from the outside instantly went away and a hard silence filled the cabin, your rapid heartbeat a concert.