[⏳] - Only For A Moment (1)

i just figured out that kronii seems to be the most popular here. her chapter was the highest in reads. what makes her so interesting?

...

You were in awe as she stood in front of you.

Ouro Kronii.

"Are you going to say something or are you going to keep staring?"

She leaned in, arms crossed under her bosom, with a smug smirk across her face.

After a few brief blinks, you mustered yourself up to speak.

"Sorry. I forgot what I was going to say..." You sighed, scratching the back of your head.

"Perhaps my beauty captivated you so well that you forgot something too trivial?" She huffed, flaunting her hair.

"You could say so." You responded bluntly.

Kronii's face went red. She quickly turned away with her head in her hands. Kronii being embarrassed was a side you've never seen before.

"...why?" She muttered.

She turned to face you again but upheld a poker face.

"Well," She cleared her throat. "what do I owe this pleasure to?"

"Uh..." You exhaled sharply. "I still don't remember, so I'll come back to you...?"

Kronii's face went sour, a mix between embarrassed and irritated.

"R-Right. T-Talk to me a-again whenever you're ready." Kronii seemed shocked as if the words that left her mouth weren't her own.

"No problem. I hope I won't forget when I do." You laughed awkwardly.

"Please don't," She regained her composure. "you'll be wasting my time."

You grimaced as Kronii's harsh facade returned. You quickly bowed in apology and left the Time Warden to her own.

...

"You did what?" Amelia spat out her coffee. "If anything, you and I are going to be targeted to big momma time!"

"I think stealing something from her is even worse than flattering her." You shrugged.

"Flattering? I'd say that's fifty times as worse than what I did." Amelia placed down her mug and let out a haughty laugh.

"Suuure. I bet your case would be a larger precedent of 'Kronii's Worst Pet Peeves'." You yawned. "Then again, stealing probably goes past a peeve."

"Ugh. Fine." Amelia forfeited a coupon. "You win this time."

"Woah, relax." You returned the slip of paper to her. "These are super powerful, you know."

"These?" She held up the doodle. "You should be thankful I'm even giving you one."

"Yeah, but it's an 'Ame Does Whatever You Want' kind of coupon." You laid back in your chair.

"Oh..." She smirked. "Do you not want to explore the limits of the coupon?"

"Not really," You stretched. "I bet you'll exploit some loophole and get me to do the chores that Calli assigned to you."

"Damn." Amelia stuffed the coupon into her jacket in defeat. "So, how did you land the first impression with Kronii? Do you like her?"

"Right off the bat with that question, huh," You stared off into the distance to ponder. "I'm not sure her stingy atmosphere works well with my simple front."

"You'll never find out until you try, Y/N." Amelia shrugged. "Then again, you haven't answered my question."

"I've just met her this morning, Amelia. How can I say I do?"

"Love at first sight, maybe?" She rested her chin on one hand while the other flailed. "What'd you even meet her for?"

"I just wanted to talk, really." You massaged your wrist. "If it wasn't for any of the Council members, I doubt she'll be talking to anyone else."

"She talks to us, though."

"I meant personally - off-stream."

Amelia looked to her side, then back to you with a smile.

"Speaking of which - have fun." Amelia stood up and waved goodbye. 

"You don't mind if I sit here, right?" Kronii stopped shortly from the deserted chair with one hand on it and the other on a bento box.

"Not at all, go for it." You smiled. 

Kronii placed her bento box down and sat down. For a moment, her stern gaze eased at the sight of you. 

"Have you remembered what you were going to say?" Kronii undid the neat bow that secured her bento shut. 

"Oh, is that why you're here?" You asked.

"P-Precisely." She faltered. Her expression seemed somewhat saddened.

"To be honest, I didn't forget at all." You looked at her dead-on. "Frankly, I wasn't going to say anything. I just used it as an excuse to talk with you."

Revealing your intentions surfaced a bitter-sweet reaction from Kronii, although she seemed more inclined to the bitter side.

"So you did end up wasting my time." She replaced the cover of her bento.

"Wait, no!" You placed a hand over her bento. "I didn't know any other way to talk to you without having a reason."

Kronii loosened up, intrigued by your reason. 

"I promise I'm not wasting your time. I just wanted to talk."

Her expression changed again, and this time it was a pure, natural reaction. 

"If you just wanted to talk, then I don't have a reason to object." A smile crept up her face.

You were stunned. In thought, you didn't think you had an opportunity to talk to hololive's sadistic idol. 

"You're going against your word, Y/N." She giggled. "It wouldn't be best to keep a woman waiting."

"How are you doing?" 

Kronii laughed at your attempt.

"Well - but I expected something a little bit more different." She laughed again. "Why did you want to talk to me? I'm sure people like Fauna are wonderful candidates as well."

"An experiment, I guess?"

"Truthfully?" 

"I have never seen anyone else talk to you off-stream." You stated.

"Is it because you think I'm alone?" Kronii kept her temper and clasped two chopsticks together.

"No, not at all. You have quite the fanbase, even at the office." You tightened your fist. "But I've never seen anyone even five feet of you." 

"Makes you the first then, huh?" You could sense something behind Kronii's faint smile. "In any case, there's no need to feel sorry."

"Why?"

"I'm used to it. I know I have a job to do," Kronii paused to eat. "people are just second-hand to me."

"You're saying that social life isn't that necessary?"

"It's not that it isn't necessary, I just don't have a reason to haggle with it in the first place."

"Tell me, Y/N. You'd have to push people away for your peace and quiet, right?"

"Sure, but wouldn't it be bland? Just you and silence?"

"Not for me." Kronii took another bite of her portioned food.

...

a/n; sorry for leaving it brief, I just wanted to put something out there. ill finish it soon maybe idk