[?] - The Search

hi.

this is another bit that i've decided to not release at all.

this one... uh. let's say it's interactive! let's all vote on an interest. if there isn't one... well fuck it! let's do all of them...

angsty... fluff somewhere idk

(edit: incomplete, see a/n.)

...

Water splashed by your shoe as you walked down the steps of the grayscale metro system. It was only early morning and the notorious rain of Japan was an adequate way to start your day. Although it was inconvenient at times, it seemed to be the only thing to cheer you up. Unlike most people, it wasn't the sound that had done it for you, rather the gloomy atmosphere that it brings, parallel to your humble lifestyle.

As usual, the common was full of businessmen with their signature black suitcases on their way to the day-to-day at the office, to only visit their favorite bar and returning slammed to their loved ones. A reckless lifestyle, you thought. Except you saw yourself in such a situation, except you were returning slammed to nobody.

"Yeah, right." You mumbled.

You shook your head, tapping your metro card briefly against the turnstile until it beeped, opening its gates. On your way through, you patted a tabby cat that laid on the end of the turnstile console and proceeded to your train. You adjusted the small black backpack which strained your shoulders, you caught a glimpse of a nice couple teasing each other as they pushed on through the common.

"How lucky." Angst crept through your thorax, seeping into different parts of your body.

Put simply, you were a Class A loner. Despite your position as a streamer at Hololive, you weren't that much of a socialite, nor a person of interest.

Except there are times where you don't consider yourself to be alone, whether it be during collabs or Gura dragging you along for a random errand, or simply receiving a greeting from someone in the office, there lingers a feeling that you feel out of place, and rather unnecessary, slowly succumbing to the need of your own space. Then again, you craved oh-so-much to not be alone, which then left you to answer the trivial question of love. It seemed to be the only answer to your dilemma, but only bigger of a problem as it was one itself.

You weren't a firm believer in love. You thought hundreds of times about how it all could all go wrong. You didn't want a relationship to start but then die all too quickly. You shook your head and boarded the dormant train along with last-second hustlers.

"Setagaya, Setagaya. The train departs in 1 minute."
said the conductor through the PA.

You found a seat in the corner of the car secluded from everyone else, the row in front of you being just as empty as the row you sat in. After plugging in your AirPods and queuing up some music, you yawned and closed your eyes. The cold interior of the car was comforting, and your heavy eyelids made it all too enticing to fall asleep.

"Please stand clear of the doors." blared the PA again, then a rapid beeping indicated the action. At the same time, rapid footsteps from outside the car found their way inside, just before the doors slid to a close.

"We're safe!" said one voice.

"Barely..." said another.

The footsteps became a shuffle and finally rested across from you. You started to analyze whether if you recognized those voices or not, but you began to lose your train of thought as you felt like you were asleep, yet conscious at the same time. The train car briefly lurched with the sounds of electric motors pushing the car into motion as it rattled and bumped against the tracks below.