[🔍] - On-The-Spot Detective (P)

surprise, surprise. guess who came back for no apparent reason. i'm outside watching my dog do whatever the hell he wants, so i got some downtime!

jk, i have to watch his every move before he starts eating random crap.

anyways, enjoy!

"P" standing for preview, I'll finish this later, trust me.

...

Standing in line at your university's dormitory office, you gripped the manila folder tightly. Just a few steps more and you were just about to live the full college life. However, you didn't plan to stick around long, as class was set to start in half an hour.

Two students who were in front of you seemed hurried, but also bothered. You assumed that they didn't get in.

"Y/N, L/N?" The receptionist tapped away at his keyboard.

"Yeah." You replied, already undoing the brad of the manila folder.

"I'm assuming you have all your paperwork all set and done?" The receptionist continued to type, scroll, and type again, without batting a single eye at you.

"That's right." Your hand fell short of the opening of the manila folder.

"Says here that you aren't set up for a room, though." The receptionist finally looked up skeptically. "You are signed up for the rest of the bits, just not the dorm."

You whipped out your phone frantically to find the documents that you dictated your right to stay, but judging by the clock, there wasn't time to play around.

"Okay, well, is there any open dorm rooms?" You responded in an apprehensive manner.

"Uh, no, hate to say it," The receptionist sighed. "but I have another option."

"I'll take it!" You held your hand out to receive anything. The receptionist held a paper just a few inches before your hand.

"Amelia Watson. She's looking for a roommate," The receptionist moved the paper into your hand, allowing you to grasp it, but did not let go. "I must warn you though, she's a bit of an oddball."

"Yeah, thanks." You took the paper and dashed off. As you copied the address into your phone, you crumpled the paper into your pocket.

"Oddball? The hell does he mean by that?"