[EN] - Ceres Fauna

Hi, welcome back.

Today's scenario is a bit different, which you'll find out shortly.

Gender-neutral as always. And foremost, a thank you for two-thousand reads and this never-ending support.

Enjoy.

[🌿] - Onigiri

Touch, by affection or not, you weren't too sure how to react to it. By the time you had reached the age of seven, you had lost your parents, leaving you to your relatives. Since then, you had forgotten what it was like to be comforted by a loved one. As you grew up, you were alone and wanted to stay that way, as you thought things would only get awkward and too personal. Then as school came along, you would fake an ailment each time you were requested to participate in PE or distance yourself from your groupmates during projects.

You weren't alone now, though, as you had the rest of the English group at Hololive to talk to and all, but it never got any better than a pat on the back. Touch wasn't something you feared, nor something you've longed to have. You viewed it as a concept you've never understood.

...

Scrolling through YouTube at your studio desk, you stumbled on Fauna's stream, who also happened to be collaborating alongside Muimei. It seemed to be at its' end, as the both of them read out some superchats and their goodbyes. You clicked back onto the homepage, and nothing else caught your attention as their stream went offline.

You considered Fauna and Muimei as kind, gentle beings whose personalities would be something that you'd protect. Except you wondered what they thought of you, considering how reserved and well-kept you were from others. It wouldn't hurt to ask, but there was some second thought in you that said otherwise. You gave it no additional attention and shrugged it off. A hand seemed to rap against your door, which on the other side of your glass door showed to be Fauna, in the other hand holding a quaint paper bag. You stood up, letting her in, then closing the door behind her.

"I brought you some lunch." She brought the paper bag forward; the scents from it were natural and captivating.

"You didn't have to, you know." You accepted the offering. Your hand brushed against hers as you took the weight of the bag.

"N-No, don't worry about it. I thought I'd make something for you." A light blush formed on her cheek, her fingers fumbling in her hands to follow suit.

"What makes me the special person?" You asked.

"Huh? You just looked hungry this morning." She said bluntly.

"You know me too much." You smiled, walking over to your chair, placing the bag on your desk. "So, what's inside?"

"I tried making onigiri with Okayu-senpai the other day, so I figured that I'd try it myself."

"And make me your test subject?" You joked.

"Eh? I hope it's not bad, though..." Her face fell lightly, though, only to be expected by Fauna's serene nature.

"No! I didn't mean it like that. I'm sure it tastes amazing, Fauna." Adding her name to the end of your remark seemed to have an effect, as her eyes seemed to lighten up, along with her face, back to her cheerful state.

"So, how was the stream?" You asked while retrieving an onigiri from the bag.

"Great! Muimei was fun to play with, not to mention she was a handful sometimes." You took a bite out of the onigiri.

"You must really love her then." You took another bite.

"L-Love?" Fauna faltered at the trivial question.

"Yeah. I mean, you two are remarkably genuine friends. There's no other way to put it." You reached into the bag and tossed her an onigiri. "These taste amazing, by the way."

"Thanks. I see what you mean, but I wouldn't put it into that kind of perspective..."

"How would you word it then?" You reached for your second.

"I-I don't know... amicable?" You could tell she was thinking, her face hidden behind the onigiri.

"Sure, but you two were and still are good friends up to now." You cleaned off your hands. "Alright, put it this way."

"Hm?"

"If I knew you for a long time, like a childhood friend, it would be only natural for me to stick up for you." You unwrapped the onigiri.

"Yeah, but?"

"You would do the same, right?" You took a bite.

"I suppose."

"So, what kind of friends would you be then?"

"Look, I know what you mean, but I don't see her like that."

"I. Sorry, I don't know what I was on about... I thought I was onto something."

"You're pretty random, Y/N." She giggled.

"Say, what kind of friends do you think we are?" Fauna asked. "Do you 'love' me as much as I do with Muimei?"

"Now that's a different story," You blushed lightly.

"How so?"

"Well, you know..." You scratched your cheek and laughed awkwardly. Fauna got up and leaned towards you, placing her cool hand onto your warm cheek.

"F-Fauna?" You were lost for words as her smile captivated your eyesight.

"What if I told you I 'loved' you just as much or even more than Muimei?" Her soft voice was hypnotic, her cheeks a rose red. Your worries, thoughts, feelings, everything had washed away in an instant.

"Y/N... do you love me?" She asked.

Even though you've known Fauna for less than a year, she's been there for you as a friend of times you couldn't count. She was there for you as that motherly figure from your debut, your tough times, and even until now. But as she arose the trivial question right back at you, it gave you the thought of your parents, the connection you were missing, seemed to fill whenever you were with Fauna.

You suddenly felt that you belonged, that you felt loved.

"I do." You sighed.

Instead of verbal response from Fauna, all she gave in return was a warm embrace. She seemed to be the puzzle piece that was missing from you the entire time. She pulled away and pulled out the onigiri you tossed to her.

"I figured you might want this." She grinned.

"You're pretty random, Fauna." You laughed, taking the onigiri and standing up.

You took her cheek in your hand this time and pulled her in for a kiss. She gasped at the sudden display of affection as you pulled away.

"How about we make some more onigiri? Our way, of course." Fauna giggled.

...

a/n: mother nature! again, thank you for two thousand. it couldn't get any better than this.