[🌿🪶] - the next level (pilot)

『Fauna and Mumei are your best friends...but until recently, Fauna and Mumei have been acting differently around you in a gradually affection-intensive manner! The truth is they both want your heart!』

foreword

Thanks for 1k votes!

I know I've been gone for quite some time, but I felt like going off on this chapter to nail down on characteristics. Most of the time, if you could tell, that some of the idols written here are somewhat off character.

I'd babble on more, but let's save it for the end, shall we? \(//∇//)\

technical stuff, blah blah

Alright, this is how the next "few" chapters is going to work. I'll release three different endings, one for Fauna, and another for Mumei. I know, I know. I said three, but I'll leave it up to the readers if they want a polygamous end. 😏

I'll go mad crazy on detail. I want everyone's heartstrings to be yoinked hard. 🗿

Again, updates are a hundo-percent not guaranteed because life. (watch me disappear again for months after this)

Simple? Cool.

...

「Y/N; Akihabara Plaza Tower
April 4 - 10:13 AM」

Y/N tapped away at their keyboard in vastly different strokes and intensity, while the other hand darted the mouse across the desk-wide mousepad. Y/N filled out text boxes with text and checkboxes with checks, oftentimes pausing to make sure they haven't done anything incorrectly.

"Time for a break..." Y/N sighed and pushed away from their desk, rolling away in their office chair. The chair swiveled so that they would see through the window out into the partially clouded sky and the vast city of Taito below.

It was early April, and with the unrelenting weather in Japan, Y/N wore a black, plain hoodie and t-shirt beneath, and grey tech wear cargo pants with subtle white shoes to match.

A few, sudden knocks at Y/N'a office door startled them.

"Who is it?" Y/N responded while getting up, walking towards the door.

"Fauna~!" The door opened ajar by itself, revealing a smiling kirin. "Good morning."

"Good morning, Fauna." Y/N smiled, pulling the door inwards as a gesture to let Fauna in.

Fauna smiled as she walked in with her arms tucked behind her. As Y/N went to close the door, Fauna took a brief look around Y/N's office before facing firmly towards them.

"Something wrong, Fauna?" Y/N asked.

Fauna's face seemed tense, something unnatural for Fauna's usual gamut of emotions. A brief silence ensued for a few seconds as Fauna regained her composure.

"Would you like to grab some lunch with me?" She asked, brandishing a gift card from the concealment of her back. "I don't know how much is on it..."

"Is that what you were held up on?" Y/N giggled, walking past Fauna to return to their desk along with their chair to type away again. "I mean, it's no problem, sure - it was funny seeing you that way for a little bit, don't get me wrong."

"Oh! Um, yeah..." Fauna covered her mouth with her fingertips and laughed lightly as a blush ran across her face. "Just you and me..."

"Oh, was there someone else that was coming along?" Y/N swiveled around in their chair to face Fauna.

"No!" Fauna yelped. "Just us... there's only enough for us on the gift card that's why..."

"I see. Fine with me." Y/N shrugged with a light smile. "Let me just finish this up though."

"Oh, sure." Fauna sighed softly to herself as she felt relieved of the outcome of her efforts.

Y/N's phone on their desk vibrated loudly as it reverberated on the hollow wood, Y/N picked up the device and swiped to the right to answer the call.

'Nanashi Mumei' was plastered across the screen.

"Hello?" Y/N responded.

"Hey, um, Y/N, are you busy?" Mumei's soft voice cooed through the phone.

"Uh yeah, I'm heading out with Fauna in a bit, why?"

"I- uh- okay...could you help me out?" Mumei's voice seemed nervous and a bit distressed. Her request seemed simple, but Y/N wasn't too sure how to decline.

"I-It's an emergency." Mumei added.

Fauna was a bit intrigued at Y/N's call, but as she respected boundaries, she decided to not pry. The momentary silence between Y/N's exchange of words worried her. The gift card that she held fumbled within her hands as she flipped it around multiple times.

"Okay, um. I'll be there as soon as I can." Y/N ended the call, stood up, and swiped their car keys off of the desk.

"Fauna, I'm sorry, but Mumei says it's an emergency." Y/N grabbed Fauna's hand and apologized again. "She seemed really stressed, so I'll just go and check on her, I'll text you if I can make it."

Fauna seemed devastated, but couldn't help but smile at Y/N's kindness and concern for Mumei.

"Sit tight, I'll be back."

...

Fauna; Akihabara Plaza
April 4 -10:47 AM

Shortly after Y/N left, she quickly chased behind them covertly. Fauna was at a slight discontent as Mumei manipulated Y/N's kindness for an edge in their competition!

A day after her birthday, Fauna made a pledge to Mumei that she would be the one to claim Y/N's heart as a sign of best interest and fairness for their collective as good friends.

Though, by Fauna's disbelief, Mumei had also revealed that she too, had plans to claim Y/N as her own.

"May the best girl win..." She mumbled with a slight frown on her face.

The competition was set in stone.

...

• yeah it's kind of short, sue me. i'd write more, but i'd hate to keep these chapters away from you all.

• i have so many more chapters i want to write, including the requests i have in the queue, but i can't guarantee those will be done anytime soon.

• i'll get this done, someday, and somehow. stay posted!!!!!!