Chapter 13

Author: Hey guys! It's been a minute! I had to rewatch this episode before I wrote the chapter since it's been SO long since I've seen season one episodes.

Just wanted to let you know that I made a few minor changes. I noticed that all the kwamis names have double letters (example: Tikki, Plagg, Nooroo, Trixx, etc.) So I changed the spelling of the reader's kwami to 'Purrsia' and also the reader's hero name to 'Cheetu' to make it easier to pronounce. Most importantly, I made a change in chapter 2 when the reader first meets the principal. Nothing too major but if you're willing to, feel free to re-read that part and tell me what you think.

Enjoy!

__________

It was after school hours and you would give anything to be at home but unfortunately, you weren't. Your class was staying behind to create a film for a project that Ms. Bustier had assigned to you all.

She said everyone had to participate to get a get grade, therefore, you figured showing up would be enough to count as a participation grade. It wasn't so bad, you had to admit. It sure did beat being locked up in detention where you notoriously spent most of your after-school time at your previous schools. Although, you wished things could be more interesting.

As of now, everyone was taking a short break. You decided to pass the time conversating with Alya and Marinette. "Isn't Adrien glorious when he puts makeup on?" The blue-haired girl complimented dreamily, eyeballing the model who was currently having foundation dusted onto his face. "Uh, Marinette... you've got a little drool on your chin." You informed, trying not to snicker at your friend who quickly cleaned herself up. Alya shook her head at her obsessive bestie. "Seriously, girl. Try to calm yourself down. It's just a film project."

"Okay, guys! Let's take it from the top!" Nino announced, causing everyone to finish what they were doing, and ran into place. You watched as Adrien and a girl whose name you haven't had a chance to learn, crouch down behind the teacher's desk. "Take fifteen. Action!" Alix announced, clapping the clapperboard.

"It's too dangerous! We must evacuate!"

"Are you suggesting we run, Officer Jones?! After it devoured my family, my friends, even my beloved dog Sniffles?! Never! I won't run! I'm going to face i-AH!" She screamed mid-sentence as a boy with a mask popped up from behind the teacher's desk.

"Cut!" Nino yelled for what felt like the thousandth time that day. The boy took off the mask he was wearing and gave the girl an apologetic gaze. "Sorry, Mylene..." The girl known as Mylene was currently hiding under the teacher's desk, shaking like a leaf.

"Mylene, that's the fourteenth take and we're only on the first scene!" Nino complained. "Actually this is the fifteenth time but who's counting?" Alix corrected, obviously bored. "I-I'm sorry everyone... I promise I'll do better in the next take." Mylene apologized guiltily. Nino sighed, calming himself down. "Come on, Mylene... you're supposed to be a hero from a special organization. You're not supposed to get all freaked out."

"I'm sorry... it's just the monster mask he's wearing looks so realistic and scary..." She muttered. "Don't worry, it's just me, Mylene." The boy assured her. "If you ask me, he doesn't need a mask." Chloe dissed, snobbishly. "Too bad you need one to hide that ugly face under all that makeup..." You mumbled loud enough to cause Marinette and Alya to snicker.

"Mylene, we really need you to stay into character, okay?" Nino pleaded. "Okay, I just need to sing my happy song to calm down..." As Mylene began to sing her happy song, she accidentally bumped into Adrien, causing her to shriek in surprise. "And the award for the world's most pathetic, scaredy-cat, afraid of her own shadow goes to... Mylene!" Chloe announced as if she was hosting the Oscars, causing the poor girl to look down in shame. "Seriously, Chloe!?" Adrien scolded his childhood friend while trying to comfort the poor ridiculed girl. Chloe, with no remorse, nonchalantly shrugged her shoulders. "Eh, so what."