Chapter 8

Author: Hey guys! It's been a while and I'm SO sorry! Work and homework have been taking up a lot of my time. I pray that all of you are doing well and staying safe during this virus. Speaking of the virus, have you guys seen the Miraculous Covid-19 special. If not, here is a link for the video: Sadly, it's only in subs for now.

I understand that this chapter is a little short but I'm almost finished with the next chapter so hopefully, I will have it up soon.

Anyways, enjoy!

__________

Today was finally the day. You had texted everyone in a group chat to confirm that they were all available. Everyone replied with a 'yes' or 'I'm free' except for Adrien who replied with a 'maybe.' You hoped he would be able to show up. You sent everyone your address and told them to meet you around 12:00.

Looking around, you made sure you put away all your knick-knacks and moved the furniture out of the way.

"Purrsia, what are you doing?" You asked your kwami who was preoccupied with something. "O-oh...! I-it's nothing!" She nervously dismissed, hiding whatever she had. You hummed to yourself in suspicion. Lately, Purrsia has been hiding something from you. You made a mental note to pry it out of her later.

"Alright, make sure you stay hidden when everyone gets here." You instructed. "I will." Purrsia complied before finding herself a place to hide.

You checked to make sure everything was set up.

Paint: check✔️

Brushes: check✔️

Tarps: check✔️

Everything was set up perfectly. Except for one minor detail...

"(Name), what's going on in here?"

That's right. Mom was working from home today. You turned around to see her looking around your room. "Hey, mom. My friends are coming over to help me paint my room. I told you, remember?" You said. "You never told me about this."

"Oops...sorry..."

'Please don't let it be black...' She mentally prayed to herself.

"Wait a minute, we just moved here and you've already made friends? Not to mention you convinced them to help you paint your room."

"What can I say? I'm a charming person." You answered with a grin. "Mmhmm..." She hummed doubtfully.

"That's them now!" You chimed before running downstairs. Upon opening the door, you saw Marinette, Alya, and Nino. "Hey, guys! Come on in." You welcomed as you stepped aside and allowed them to enter. "This is my mom. Mom, this is Marinette, Nino, and Alya." You introduced.

"Hello, ma'am."

"Nice to meet you."

"How are you?"

Your mom squinted her eyes, examining each of them closely. "Hmmm...no piercings or tattoos... I like them! You actually made some normal friends!" She exclaimed, excitedly. "Mom!" You hissed at her. "You all are welcome here anytime you want!" She happily told them. "Bye, mom!" You dismissed while ushering your friends to your room.