Chapter 4

Author: Hey guys! Sorry for the long wait. I have recently been recovering from surgery...and I also had a case of writer's block. But I'm back now!

Btw, has everyone seen the 5 recent episodes? If not, then don't worry. There are NO SPOILERS in this chapter. So far, this story is mostly going to be based on season 1. At some points I'm gonna make up my own cringy villains, so please don't hate me for it.😅

I had to split this chapter into 2 chapters since it was pretty long. I'm still doing a bit of work on the second half so hopefully, I will have that up within a few days.

Anyways, enjoy!

__________

Another day, another torturous day at school. You stood at the edge of the sidewalk, waiting for the busy traffic to pass by. Anxiously, you tapped your fingers on the side of your thigh while chewing on a piece of (favorite flavor) flavored gum.

A sigh left your lips as you glanced down at your feet. The glint of the paw print charm on the gold anklet around your ankle caught your attention as if reminding you of the responsibility that has been placed on your shoulders.

~Last Night~

"Tell me everything I need to know to be a miraculous hero."

Purrsia at you smiled, happy that you finally decided to comply. "Well, first things first, you have been chosen by the guardian to become the holder of the cheetah miraculous. Your job is to protect Paris from the evil Hawk Moth. He has stolen the butterfly Miraculous. It grants him the power to possess people with tainted butterflies called akumas based off of their negative emotions." She explained. "Woah...that's crazy... I always thought butterflies were a good thing..." You commented in bewilderment. Purrsia giggled. "Well, not here." You nodded your head in understanding. "Alright, continue."

"Your special ability is 'Speed Break'. With that, you will be able to run at unimaginable speed for a short period of time. But please be careful. You will only be able to use it once and when it finishes, you will have five minutes before you de-transform." Slowly, you nodded your head, trying to process all the information. "Alright...anything else I need to know?"

"Yes, there is. You must remember the most important rule: No one can know your true identity. Not your family. Not your friends. Not even the other miraculous heroes." You groaned and massaged your temples.

'...this is too much work...'

~Back to present~

Once it was safe, you strolled across the street and continued making your way down the sidewalk. Within minutes, you arrived in front of the school building that was busy with students who were also just arriving.

"Morning, (name)!" Turning your head in the direction of the voice, you caught sight of the two girls you recognized as Alya and Marinette. "Sup, girls!" You greeted, walking up to them.

"So, did you see Ladybug and Chat Noir yesterday?" Alya immediately asked. A chuckle escaped your lips before replying. "Yeah, I saw them." Alya smirked and crossed her arms. "I believe someone owes me an apology." Playfully, you rolled (eye color) eyes at her. "Fine, I'm sorry I didn't believe your weird story about superheroes." The brown-haired girl laughed. "It's alright. It must sound crazy to someone who comes from a country without superheroes."