Chapter 15

It was an average day at school. Nothing special, or so someone thought.

The bell rang signaling that it was time to go to lunch. Everyone began packing up their stuff to leave. I'm the process, Chloe accidentally dropped her purse on the floor, spilling some of its contents. Almost as quickly as it happened, she scooped everything back into her bag before picking it up and leaving (with Sabrina following, of course.) It all seemed to go unnoticed by everyone, except for one person. Alya tilted her head as she watched the blonde exit with her bestie.

'Did I just see what I thought I saw...?'

Being the inspired journalist that she is, Alya grabbed her stuff and followed the two girls to the locker room. Keeping her distance, Alya used her phone to get a closer look. She watched Chloe put things into her locker. Although, they weren't anything of importance. Textbook, pencil case, tablet, and... nunchucks?

"Scoop!"

~Time Skip~

It was now lunchtime and students were slowly filing in one by one.

Already received your lunch, you and Marinette sat in the cafeteria eating and chatting about mindless things until Alya practically bolted towards the table.

"Guys! I have the most insane news ever!"

"Oh really?" Marinette chided. "What's this 'insane news'?" You questioned before taking a swig of water.

"You won't believe this but I found out who Cheetu is!"

Nearly choking, you did a spit take. The two girls looked at you weirdly. "Y-you did?" You asked wryly, trying your best to hide your anxiety. "Really? Wh-who is it?" Marinette asked feeling wry herself but mildly curious. Slowly, you took another sip to try to calm your nerves. Alya cautiously glanced around to make sure nobody was nearby before whispering to you both.

"Chloe." Once again, you did another spit take. "Chloe?! You can't be serious! What's next? Batman is actually Principal Damocles?" You exclaimed, laughing. "(Name)'s right! Cheetu is sweet, shy, and caring. There is no way she can be Chloe." Marinette concurred, refusing to believe that her new partner in crime was also her worse enemy.

"I don't know~ I saw her take some stuff out of her locker that looked pretty suspicious." Alya sang in defense. Knowing that your friend's conclusion was invalid, you merely shook your head. Although, Marinette wasn't so certain as she continued to ponder on the thought.

Little did the three of you know that a certain blonde model happened to catch the conversation while passing by.

"Chloe is Cheetu? You don't think that's true, do you Plagg?" Adrien questioned his kwami. The tiny catlike creature laughed hysterically. "Please! Chloe as Cheetu? It would be like eating the sweetest and most delicious cheese with the sour and bitterest taste!

"Hmm, it does sound hard to believe... But it doesn't mean it can't be possible...."

~Time Skip~

Later that evening, Chat Noir took it upon himself to do his own investigation. He sat on top of a building that was neighboring the hotel.

He used the built-in camera in his staff to zoom into view. Sure enough, there stood Chloe in her giant bedroom dressed as Cheetu. Chat's eyes widened in disbelief. "It can't be..." Being too occupied, the feline hero didn't notice the presence behind him. "Chat Noir?" The hero flinched as he turned around.

"L-Ladybug?!"

"What are you doing here?"

"I...I Uh..." Chat Noir tried to come up with an excuse for his snooping. Not having the heart to lie to his lady, he sighed before telling the truth. "I heard a rumor that Chloe might be Cheetu. I just wanted to see if it's true." Ladybug's eyes widened. 'He's heard about it, too?'

Although, she had to admit that her curiosity got the better of her too. Which explains her reason for being here also.

"Do you really think Chloe could be our Cheetu?" Chat noir asked apprehensively.

"Maybe... the thought of it is unbelievable but that doesn't mean it's impossible."

They both watched as Chloe played with nunchucks, trying to use them the way Cheetu would. As a result, she accidentally smacked herself in the face, causing the two heroes to cringe. They couldn't believe that their sweet and adorable partner was actually the most spoiled brat in Paris.

"You guys really don't believe that's me, do you?"

Ladybug and Chat Noir turned around to see you, the real Cheetu, grinning at them.

The two heroes suppressed a sigh of relief now knowing that the rumor was false.

You walked closer and viewed Chloe through the screen on Chat Noir's staff.

The blonde-haired fan girl continued to play with the nunchucks. Unfortunately, she smacked herself in the face, knocking herself out. You covered your mouth trying to hold back a snicker.

Ladybug and Chat Noir looked at each other before breaking out into laughter.

"I guess we should've known better, huh?"

"Yeah, it was just a silly rumor."

They both admitted as you grinned at them.

"Anyway, I'm ready for my first patrol around town!"

"Alright, we'll let's get sta-" Ladybug was cut off by the sound of a loud explosion in the distance. Easily predicting it was an akuma attack, the three of you sighed.

"Looks like that's gonna have to wait..." Ladybug said. "I guess a hero's job is never done..." You commented "Oh well. I'll race you guys there!" Chat challenged before taking off across the rooftops. "Wha- Hey, wait! That's not fair!" You complained as you hurried after him. Ladybug chuckled one last time before following you both into battle.

Turns out she and Chat Noir were worried for nothing. There was no way Chloe could compare to their new beloved partner.