Chapter 9

Author: Here is chapter 9, as promised. Chapter 10 will be up soon.
Anyways, enjoy!🙂
__________
A tired yawn escaped your lips as you walked into school. 'I should have should have just slept in this morning.' You thought to yourself.  As you were walking around, you couldn't help but hear a bunch of commotion coming from the locker room. Curious, you peeked in to see what was going on. There was a crowd of students surrounding a brown-haired boy in a red hoodie arguing with a pink-haired girl in skater clothes.

"I'm the fastest runner there is!"

"Oh please! Quit telling yourself that, Kim!"

"You're just jealous because I'm faster than you."

"In your dreams! I can skate faster than your brain can even think!"

"Oh, yeah?! Well then, I dare you to race me tomorrow after school! If I win, you have to give me your rollerblades." Kim challenged.

"Ugh, really? Another one of your stupid dares? Fine! But if I win, you have to stop with the dares! I hope you're ready to lose!"

"Ha! Lose? Yeah right! I bet I'm even faster than Cheetu!"

Your ears burned at the mention of your alter ego. Suddenly, the conversation got a lot more interesting. "Is that so?" You questioned out loud, catching everyone's attention. "What do you want, new girl?" The boy known as Kim asked, crossing his arms. "First of all, the name's (name) and I just wanna know if what you said is true." You replied, stepping closer to him. "Of course it's true!" He defended. "Oh really? Then why don't you race her too?" You challenged, making everyone murmur in interest. "That would be so cool! Do you really think you can get Cheetu to race us?" The pink-haired girl asked excitedly. "Heh, I may or may not be able to pull a few strings." You replied, bragging a bit. "Awesome!"

"Fine! We'll race tomorrow after school. I can beat you and Cheetu." Kim stated. "Actually, my calculations state that the possibility of you beating Cheetu is 0.001%." A dark-skinned boy with glasses stated. "Max! You're supposed to be on my side!" Kim complained. The boy known as Max smiled sheepishly while shrugging his shoulders. "Sorry, Kim. But I'm just stating the facts." Growling in annoyance, Kim began stomping away. "Whatever! Just prepare for a race!"

The crowd dispersed, leaving you and Alix. "So that's Kim, huh?" You questioned. "Yup, all brawn and no brain." The pink-haired girl replied, making you chuckle. "By the way, I'm Alix."

"(Name)." You greeted back. "Anyone who can stand up to Chloe and put Kim in his place is cool in my book." She complimented. "Thanks, standing up to stuck-up brats and putting egotistic meatheads in their place is one of my favorite hobbies." You somewhat joked, making Alix laugh.

At that moment, the bell rang signally everyone that class was about to start. You both bidded each other goodbye, before splitting up and heading to class. "I don't think this is such a good idea..." Purrsia mumbled to you. "What? Going to class? Yeah, I agree with you. Matter of fact, I think I'm thinking about ditching class and sneaking into the movie theater to see-"

"No, I mean challenging those two to race Cheetu. If you show up to that race as Cheetu, everyone is going to figure out your secret identity!" She pointed out. "Aw, man! Curse and my stupid competitive nature! What should I do?"

"You have to call it off. Tell them that Cheetu isn't coming." You groaned in annoyance but deep down, you knew the kwami was right. "UGH! I really wanted to destroy that punk, Kim, in that race but I guess protecting my identity is more important." You sighed heavily in disappointment. "Being responsible sucks..."