Chapter 16

A groan passed your lips as you dragged yourself to school. Why were you in a bad mood? You haven't gotten into any trouble since you've moved to Paris and frankly you were getting a bit antsy.

Once you entered the school building, you noticed everyone gathered around in the courtyard (or whatever it's called.) Confused, you approached Marinette and Alya.

"Morning, (name)." Alya greeted as soon she noticed your presence. "Good morning." Marinette followed after. "What's going on?" You asked, confused by the commotion. "Don't you remember? Today is class picture day. Principal Demacles announced it during the sixth period the other day." Alya answered, making you groan unenthusiastically. "Oh yeah, I skipped that period..."

"I can't wait! I'm going to be in a photo with Adrien!" Marinette chanted excitedly. "In case you haven't noticed, we're ALL going to be in the class photo with Adrien." Alya pointed out as she chuckled at her lovesick bestie.

"Ha! If only everyone could look as good as me!" Chloe boasted pridefully. "You mean a spoiled rotten banana?" You insulted, causing everyone around you to snicker, including Sabrina. The spoiled blonde glared at her bestie who immediately ceased then shifted her piercing blue eyes towards you.

"No! I mean not a trashy, filthy weirdo like you! You should really take style advice from me!" Chloe boasted before strutting away with Sabrina helplessly following behind. "Oh, please! If your advice is to wear the same outfit every day, I'll give it a hard pass! I'll dress however I want for a photo!" You ranted.

"At least you know you're going to be in the photo..." You heard someone mumble behind you, dejectedly. "Awww, don't say that! I know this time will be your moment! I have faith!" Someone encouraged happily. You turned around to see a tall girl with long black hair and purple streaks alongside a shorter girl with short blonde hair and big blue eyes.

"What do you mean?" You asked, curiously. "Every time someone takes a photo of me, somehow something goes horribly wrong..." The black/purple-haired girl explained sadly, causing her friend to sigh in sympathy. "She has the class photo jinx. By the way, my name is Rose and this is Juleka." The blonde-haired girl introduced.

"(Name). I like your hair, by the way. It looks awesome." You complimented, twirling a lock of Juleka's purple-dyed hair. "Oh...thanks..." Juleka mumbled, blushing a bit in the process.

"Don't worry, Juleka! We'll make sure that you take the perfect class photo!" Marinette assured, full of determination. "We?" You questioned, raising an eyebrow. "Of course!" Marinette answered expectedly. 

'I'm supposed to be off duty from the hero stuff... why is Marinette volunteering me to do good deeds?' You thought begrudgingly. Although, you couldn't bring yourself to say no. Sighing in defeat, you decided to go along with it. "I guess we will... Don't forget to smile." You told the purple-haired girl who gave you both a grateful smile.

It was now time for your class to take a photo. The overdramatic photographer lined up everyone into place. Naturally, shorter students in the front row, average height students in the middle row, and taller students in the back row. You ended up being placed in the middle row next to Adrien.

"You don't mind me being next to you, right?" Adrien said to you, making you chuckle. "No, but I think someone else does." You replied, gesturing to the blonde who was practically glaring a hole in your head from the back row.