Chapter 11

Author: Hey guys! It's been a minute. I tried to get this up sooner but I ran into a bit of writer's block. On top of that, work and daily struggles have been draining almost all my energy. On the bright side, I finally finished my associate's degree so that means NO MORE HOMEWORK...for now at least. I might go back for my bachelor's later.

Btw, guess who's birthday was today?! ...I'm jk, it was actually yesterday lol. It's so hard to believe that I'm 23 years old now. Jeez...I'm starting to get old.

Anyways, enjoy!
__________

"This is where Marinette lives?" Purrsia asked curiously as she stared up at the building. "Yep, she did say something about living in a bakery. Kinda weird if you ask me." You replied. "It sounds amazing to me! Imagine waking up to the smell of fresh pastries in the morning! It would be even better if it was fresh jerky!" The spotted kwami said dreamily, causing you to chuckle. "I gotta admit, that doesn't sound half bad."

Upon walking into the bakery, the scent of fresh pastries filled your nostrils, making your mouth water. "Hello there, how may I help you?" The blue-haired woman behind the counter asked with a welcoming smile on her face. "Um, I'm looking for Marinette." You said."Oh! You must be her new classmate from (hometown) she talked about. Here, have some free macaroons. Just a way of saying welcome to Paris." She said, handing you a bag filled with a couple of different colored macaroons. "Cool! Thanks!"

"Marinette is just upstairs. Go right ahead." Nodding your head, you made your way upstairs. On the way, you snacked on a macaroon. "These are amazing! Wanna try one, Purrsia?" The spotted kwami nodded her head vigorously. After passing her one, she began munching on it happily.

You walked up to the first door you approached and knocked on the door. A few seconds passed before the door opened, revealing the blue-haired girl.
"Sup, Marinette."

"Hi, (name). What are you-? Mannon! Put that down!" Marinette scolded at a little girl with brown pigtails before sighing and turning back to you. "Anyway, what are you doing here?" She asked. "I just came by to see if you wanted to hang out or something."

"Sorry, I'm stuck babysitting sitting today. Maybe another day?" She declined sadly. "Alright, no problem." You shrugged as you got ready to leave. "Since you're here, can you please do me a teensy favor?" You raised an eyebrow at her. "That depends on what that favor is."

"I have to take care of something important really quick. Can you please watch Mannon for a few minutes?"

"Uhh..."

"Great! Thank you so much!" She said before grabbing your hand and dragging you over to the little girl. "Mannon, this is my friend (name). She's going to play with you for a little bit. I'll be right back." Without wasting another second, the blue-haired girl ran out the door. You glared at the door. 'I feel like I just got played...'

You looked down at the little girl, unsure of what to do with her. Normally, you tried to avoid kids. It's not that you hated them, you just didn't care for them. There's a difference.

Seeing something shiny glint in your jacket pocket, Mannon reached in and grabbed it. "Ooh, what's this thing? It's shiny!" She examined curiously. Your (eye color) eyes widened seeing what was in her hands. "That's nothing! Gimme that!" You exclaimed, snatching your lock pick away from the little girl's hands and stuffing it back in your pocket.