Chapter 21

Author: Hey guys! I'm so sorry that it's been so long. I've been super busy lately. I actually started writing a different chapter but halfway through it, I decided to write this one instead. I apologize in advance if this chapter isn't the best.

Also, I feel that I have been dragging this story more than I mean to. I've been having a lot of fun just randomly writing whatever comes to mind. But I promise things will start picking up in the next chapter (technically the chapter after this).

Hope you all enjoy!
__________

One morning, you cautiously peeked your head out of your room. "See anything, Purrsia?" You whispered. The kwami flew out and glanced around the hall. "I think the coast is clear." She whispered back before flying into your jacket pocket. With backpack in tow, you stealthily exited your room and made your way downstairs.

At the bottom of the stairs, you stopped and listened for any suspicious noises. "Are you sure you should be doing this, (name)?" Purrsia asked nervously. "It'll be fine. What she doesn't know, won't hurt her." You assured dismissively.

After a moment, you didn't hear anything. You then made a beeline for the front door, but much to your dismay, your mother had already beat you there.

"Where do you think you're going, young lady?" Your mom interrogated, putting her hands on her hips. You mentally cursed yourself for not being more careful.

"Uh, school?" You simply answered. "Oh really? When were you planning on telling me that your school is having career day today?" She asked holding up a crumbled flyer that she got from the trash. "Never actually."

"Well, I'm coming anyway. I've already called the office and told them I'm not coming in."

"No, Mom! Please! You'll embarrass me!" You pleaded desperately, causing your mother to sigh in frustration.

"Fine. How about this? We'll flip a coin. Heads I go, tails I don't." She wagered, pulling a coin from her pocket. "Sounds fair enough." You simply agreed.

Your mom flipped the coin in the air. You both watched with anticipation, hoping it will play in your favor. The coin fell back down to earth, landing on...

~Time Skip~

"And that is what it's like being a lawyer! I would like to thank you all and my wonderful daughter for having me today!"

You hid your face in embarrassment as everyone in the classroom applauded you and your mother. Yeah... as you can guess, you lost the bet.

"Did you really have to add that last part...?" You mumbled as you both returned to your seats. "Of course! I want everyone to know how much you mean to me! And I wanted to get payback for trying to keep career day a secret from me." She confessed, causing you to roll your eyes.

"It was awesome that your mom showed up today." Alya said to you. "Yeah, I thought your mom wasn't going to come." Marinette added. "Yeah, I thought so too..." You grumbled, resting your head on your hand.

Meanwhile, Adrien stood in the hallway anxiously calling his father. Unfortunately, the call went straight to voicemail.

"Father... it's me, Adrien. It's career day at school remember? I was hoping you were going to show up... Please call me back." He messaged before hanging up.